We’re seeking an experienced Senior Full Stack Developer located in Costa Rica with a problem-solving mindset to support and drive multidimensional projects, manage the development of high-profile initiatives, and deliver measurable results within our Customer Reliability Engineering organization.
You will be responsible for coalescing requirements, developing, and maintaining custom tooling used to improve customer reliability - both externally as a source of prescriptive issue avoidance, and internally as a source of workload amplification for our Customer Reliability Engineers.
To be successful in this role, you must have a deep knowledge of one or more cloud infrastructures such as AWS, GCP, Azure - as well as the ability to develop, visualize, and diagram complex software systems, understand legacy limitations, and be able to code-dive as well as proficently write code. The majority of your work will be done independently; as the owner of the technology stack end-to-end.
Some example projects that you may be involved in or have ownership of include automated log analysis, log visualization and analytics, rule-based health checks, and UI-based supportability improvements.
- Design efficient, scalable, and user-friendly web-based software applications to advance and support service delivery.
- Write clean, functional, and well documented code for both frontend and backend.
- Maintain deployments and underlying cloud infrastructure end-to-end.
- Collaborate effectively with engineers and stakeholders from multiple teams to coordinate releases.
- Maintain a heightened level of data security awareness, and ensure compliance with data protection requirements.
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role; building web applications in Java or Go.
- Ability to work independently, and own the technology stack from infrastructure to deployment.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience with cloud platforms, especially AWS.
- Experience with frontend user interface libraries (especially with ReactJS).
- Experience with ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash).
- Experience with SQL-based database engines such as MySQL, or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with web-based services and supporting technologies such as Apache Web Server, and integrating with Rest APIs..
- Working knowledge of software development version control (Github).
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, organized, and able to deliver under deadlines.
- Fluent English language skills.
Things we like to see
- Broad exposure to microservices, containerization (Docker or similar), and Kubernetes.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, transparent culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and additional recharge days
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Career growth