Sysdig is driving the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the open standard for cloud-native threat detection, and consistently contribute to open source software projects. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure the cloud from source to run.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020 and 2021. We are looking for team members who have a passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers. Does this sound like the right place for you?
What you will do
- As part of the Quality Automation team you will be involved around our Performance testing process. That will require you to review and improve many areas inside and outside our team.
- We need to improve the way we gather trustable data around how our optimizations are behaving with regards to product performance. You will be gathering requirements, defining scenarios, running performance tests, helping analyzing the results and creating framework modules or integrating existing tools around system performance and stability.
- Collaborate effectively with engineers to solve complex problems related to load and performance behavior to deliver end-to-end quality in container and security technology.
What you will bring with you
- 3+ years of experience doing performance and load testing in software products
- Proficient in coding with Java and/or Python (1+ years)
- Skilled in some performance test frameworks like k6 or Locust.
- Hands on experience on gathering performance metrics and presenting them in a way that is easy to understand by all stakeholders.
What we look for
- Some kubernetes and/or containers experience will be nice to have
- Unix, Linux tools with some Unix scripting experience it’s a plus
- "Trust the team" is actually an important mantra for us. We grow bigger, thus you will need to find balanced solutions with autonomy. Does that sound good to you?
- Communication is key. You will need to gather requirements, give feedback to your teammates and outside the team, also report current status and blockers, propose new ideas, prepare internal workshops/hands-on, ... Communication is key.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open-source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and unlimited time off
- Additional recharge days
- 401k matching (starting the day you do)
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Career growth
Some of our Hiring Managers are globally distributed, an English version of your most up to date Cv will be highly appreciated!