Sysdig is driving the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the open standard for cloud-native threat detection, and consistently contribute to open source software projects. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure the cloud from source to run.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020 and 2021. We are looking for team members who have a passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers. Does this sound like the right place for you?
We are looking for a Principal Product Designer to join our User Experience and Product Design team in San Francisco.
You are comfortable in complex problem spaces, advocate for users in all your design decisions, and have a track record of leading strategic user experience design initiatives.
Designers at Sysdig play a critical role at every step of the product development process, from high-level ideas to crafting the final user experience for a feature. We look for designers who think deeply, communicate clearly, and thrive collaborating across roles and expertise to create a better user experience — research, feedback, and interaction data tracking should be critical parts of your toolkit.
- Lead strategic UX initiatives
- Design experiences that make it intuitive for users to interact with complex systems and large data-sets
- Partner with product managers, to solicit user input, and use it to shape product development efforts
- Closely collaborate with product managers and engineers in all stages of the product development lifecycle, from initial concept to launch and post-release
- Contribute to our evolving design system and UX strategy
- 8+ years experience as a member of a product design team in a startup environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated team player able to work with a highly collaborative, cross-functional team
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment with the ability to initiate and drive multiple projects concurrently
- Excellence in design craft
- Highly proficient with design and interactive prototyping tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, etc.)
- Experience conducting customer research and user testing to improve designs
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (Desktop, Mobile, etc.)
- Bonus Experience:
- Cloud and Kubernetes Security specifically related to runtime incident response and investigation (EDR, SIEM, etc.)
- Using a data-informed design process
- Developing ui frameworks and design systems
- Working with the Goal Directed Design and Behavior Design Methodologies
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one that solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale - and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and unlimited time off
- Additional recharge days
- 401k matching (starting the day you do)
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Career growth