Sysdig is driving the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the open standard for cloud-native threat detection, and consistently contribute to open source software projects. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure the cloud from source to run.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020 and 2021. We are looking for team members who have a passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers. Does this sound like the right place for you?
As a Software Engineer, you will work on our security side of the product, from architecting to delivery, creating new features and functionalities. You will work closely with our established engineering team located throughout the US and Europe, product team and customers. Sysdig is a high growth startup, and there will be significant growth opportunities for this position. Our customer base is growing fast and so is the scale demanded of our backend. As a consequence, we're embarking on a major re-architecting of our platform. Our teams are responsible for delivering features in the areas of Runtime Threat Detection in Kubernetes and Containers, Network Security, Cloud Security (across AWS, GCP and Azure) and features which provide Insights into your Cloud and Container infrastructure.
- Lead projects as part of this scale-out effort that will allow us to handle the next orders of magnitude.
- Design and implement scalable features in one or more areas mentioned above.
- Interface with various teams including Product, Frontend, Design, Customers and other stakeholders
- Handle security data on a daily basis across multiple platform tiers (Kubernetes, AWS, Mesos)
- 5+ years of professional working experience.
- Prior experience building backend components including APIs and data processing pipelines which scale horizontally.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience in Go, Java or C++ is highly preferred
- Prior experience with AWS and building security products is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Startup / entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- A positive "can do" attitude with the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas and see them to fruition
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open-source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and unlimited time off
- Additional recharge days
- 401k matching (starting the day you do)
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Career growth