Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container, Kubernetes, and cloud revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to confidently run cloud-native applications. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too -- we were awarded the 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
As Sysdig scales its go-to-market strategy, we are looking for an ambitious, highly motivated Director of Business Development to help build and scale our team globally.
As the Director of Business Development you will play a hands-on role in building a company and team that continues to revolutionize the container monitoring and security space. You'll be responsible for the coaching and development of the team members including regional managers, tracking sales activity, lead generation activities, and creating and analyzing metrics that drive results.
If you are a self-driven leader with a strong track record of building high-performance teams and meeting revenue targets you may be a good fit for this role. Also, it's important to have a real passion for evangelizing technology, and a knack for inspiring and building trust with team-members, partners, and customers.
This role will require a perfect mix of nimble thinking and comfort with constant learning, a passion for mentoring and leadership, and a maniacal focus on sales execution. You will work directly with the executive team and help set and achieve strategic go-to-market goals. As a primary customer-facing contact, you will work closely with the product, engineering, and marketing teams to make your learnings their learnings.
This position brings the opportunity for significant career advancement. It is expected that successful new hires will have opportunities to advance rapidly into sales positions internally at Sysdig.
If all this sounds like the role for you, then we’d love to hear from you!
- Manage and mentor both BDRs and managers to ensure that the team is exceeding its quota (lead generation, qualification,and opportunities)
- Work with your management team to ensure healthy weekly activity and conversion rates: calls, leads, demos, and converted opportunities/pipeline
- Create and execute strategic sales playbooks for sourcing prospects, developing opportunities and selling Sysdig's Secure DevOps Platform
- Consistently achieve the global team monthly, quarterly, and annual goals
- Review weekly and monthly forecasts and overall business insights
- Educate customers (internal and external) on product functionality through conversations, demos, and presentations
- Uncover business needs, technical requirements, and the buyer’s purchasing process
- Collaborate across the demand gen team for closed loop conversion to sales opportunities ….
- Proactively promote Sysdig and stay on top of Sysdig’s core functionality, product offerings, competitors and overall market knowledge
- Report sales activities accurately in Salesforce.com and run analysis and reporting to drive business insights
- Attend weekly regional forecast and management calls and quarterly business reviews to provide updates and perspective
- Possibly travel to trade shows and key accounts to develop new business
- Minimum 8-10 years of inside sales or business development experience selling to technical buyers, ideally developers or IT operations functions
- High technical competence desired, ideally in SaaS, cloud computing, security, or enterprise IT
- Highly motivated, competitive, and passionate team player
- Proven track record of achieving monthly, quarterly and yearly pipeline & quotas in a global role (NA, EMEA and APJ)
- Exceptional understanding of sales methodology and the ability to coach to it
- Excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills
- Highly analytical, with experience using data to drive decisions
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills; the ability to build cross-functional relationships
- Startup experience and relevant industry experience are both major pluses
- Experience in hiring, developing and retaining talent
- Desire to be coached, trained and mentored towards a successful software sales career
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated individual with a serious work ethic
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation package
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Monthly house cleaning allowance