Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and Kubernetes revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure and operate cloud-native applications in production. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too -- we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems, and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
Sysdig is looking for a Manager of Cloud Infrastructure to lead our US Infrastructure Engineering team. This role is based in San Francisco, and reports to the Director of Cloud Infrastructure. The person in this role will partner with engineering teams across the world to build and support the infrastructure that hosts Sysdig's SaaS products, with an emphasis on reliability, scalability, and automation.
- Manage and guide a growing team of Infrastructure engineers by providing mentorship, nurturing career growth, and building positive relationships.
- Bring strong technical expertise and direction to the Infrastructure team, and establish technical trust and influence across all Sysdig engineering groups.
- Be accountable for the uptime, resiliency, and performance of Sysdig's customer-facing SaaS products hosted in multiple public clouds.
- Hands-on engineering work when necessary. You should be comfortable assisting less-experienced engineers, be actively involved in troubleshooting efforts, and be able to personally take on engineering work if needed.
- Initiate and own complex technical projects, and prioritize the team's day-to-day work against longer-term projects.
- Help manage relationships with external partners, including participating in technical meetings, reporting on outages, and providing updates on technical deliverables.
- Support Sysdig's compliance and security programs, including PCI and SOC2.
- A proven people-first mentality, including a strong sense of empathy and care for the members of your team and for your colleagues. This quality is critical to succeed in this role.
- 5+ years of directly managing engineering teams supporting customer-facing SaaS products.
- 6+ years of hands-on technical and troubleshooting experience in a DevOps, SRE, infrastructure, or related engineering role.
- Deep expertise in running highly-available production environments in a public cloud, preferably AWS.
- Strong experience with containers and orchestration, preferably Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong experience with data stores like Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Postgres/MySQL, etc.
- Broad knowledge of Linux OS fundamentals, Linux services, and the command line.
- Experience with development workflows and tools (Jenkins, Github, etc.), and at least one infrastructure-as-code tool (Terraform, Kops, etc.)
- Familiarity with security best practices, including system and network hardening.
- Strong programming/scripting skills in bash, python, or Go, with a philosophy of "automate everything."
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to discuss technical topics with stakeholders within Sysdig and at external partner companies.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation package
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses (Employee wellness, Housecleaning services, Home internet, Phone expenses, Office supplies, Office furniture)