Sysdig is the secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and Kubernetes revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure and operate cloud-native applications in production. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too — we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for team members who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
As a Security Engineer at Sysdig, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and monitoring of a wide variety of security tools and applications that support the overall Information Security program. This is a technical, hands-on position. You will help with infrastructure and application security, identity and access management, governance and controls and Sysdig’s overall security posture.
- Identify any potential security gaps in existing application infrastructure and work with appropriate stakeholders for remediation
- Operate our key security tools and constantly tune and build automated response playbooks
- Defines security configurations for endpoint, network, e-mail security, etc.
- Designs automated workflows to streamline security operations
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time, and work effort needed to design and implement moderately complex technical solutions.
- Monitors and proactively manages supported products and services to assure their performance, availability, security, and capacity.
- Researches, analyzes, and formulates recommendations regarding technologies, products, and solutions to fulfill requirements within the enterprise.
- Perform due diligence in ensuring that appropriate technology solutions are chosen to facilitate security at the application level
- Bachelors in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent working experience
- Solid experience in a security engineering role
- Experience deploying and managing various security technologies including AV, network security, e-mail security, SIEM
- Expertise applying security principles to cloud native environments (AWS, containerization, and microservices)
- Knowledge of enterprise logging, with a focus on security event logging.
- Strong understanding of security operations concepts
- Proven expertise with networking protocols
- Experience with automation and CI/CD tools such as Terraform and GitHub
- Experience with user/customer identity management, authentication and authorization frameworks
- Scripting experience in the following: Terraform, CloudFormation, Python, PowerShell, Perl, Bash, SQL Scripting, Java
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation package
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Generous monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses: employee wellness, house cleaning services, home internet, phone expenses, office supplies, office furniture and more
- Ticket restaurants
Some of our hiring managers are based internationally, an up to date CV in English would be appreciated.