Sysdig is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to work on our Container Intelligence Platform. You will play a key role in on-time product delivery with high quality and drive customer success through R&D level support and related engagements, which will result in our multiple product offering and resulting 100's of happy enterprise customers, disrupting the monitoring and security space in the Containers World.
Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We make reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We’re passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures at a massive scale. We’ve raised over $100M and are putting that to work in the world’s largest banks, governments, tech companies and… well, just about everywhere. And we're a great place to work too -- we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born as Open Source software, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We’re proud that our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.com/opensource) are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open source container security project is now a part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly gaining community adoption.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you will impact in testing and critiquing software components and interfaces in great technical depth, write test automation frameworks, programs to assure high product quality and develop advanced test tools using Java and Python to increase productivity and efficiency.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop automated tests not only for your products but also in support of other QA engineers
- Participate actively in a CI&CD based development/testing environment, including reviews and planning activities
- Design and develop test plans and test cases based upon functional and design specifications focusing on specific user stories including test cases for regression of current products
- Collaborate effectively with engineers to solve complex problems to deliver end-to-end quality in container technology and customer experience
- Thoroughly test the Monitoring & Security solution
- Architect and implement test frameworks for cutting-edge and state of the art applications
- Working with support and product management to understand customer cases and to set priority
What You Should Bring
- Proficient in coding with Java and/or Python (5+ years)
- Highly skilled in test frameworks but not limited to Junit, TestNG, PyUnit, etc
- Hands-on with RESTful APIs and web-based User Interface Automation
- Well versed with SDLC
- Think out of the box to uncover issues during the development phase. The goal will be to catch the issues before they catch us
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes
- Strong understanding of cloud-based application deployments and troubleshooting
- Passion for building and delivering robust products
- Results oriented and with a strong customer focus
- Good communication skills
Nice to have
- Good understanding of enterprise-class applications(SAAS and On Prem)
- Experience in creating microservices based environments and reproduce customer problems
- Unix, Linux tools with some Unix scripting experience
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you’ll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one that solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale - and have fun doing it with a great group of people.
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Topnotch health insurance coverage
- We offer the best of both worlds: we’re a well-funded startup ($121.5 million) with a 300+ enterprise customer base (300 and counting)
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- 401k with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso