In partnership with strategists, design and production teams, project managers and our clients, Creative Directors at SYPartners are responsible for inspiring and directing the teams that create the experiences and tools that will lead our clients on journeys of discovery, learning, transformation and action.
Our work spans all media and disciplines. This means that no Creative Director at SYPartners works exclusively in one area. Creative Directors will likely major in an area of design but will apply their skills throughout many.
Creative Directors at SYPartners are the ambassadors and shapers of our culture of creativity and so their responsibilities span beyond client work. Creative Directors with digital emphasis are instrumental in shaping the future of how our firm works in the digital space and will have impact on the necessary hiring and development of teams.
Creative Directors at SYPartners do not only delegate, direct and envision, they also design and create.
- 10+ years of experience at a digitally focused agency, design studio, architecture or experience firm and at least a BFA or other advanced degree.
- An ability to bring together poignant and coherent thinking, cutting edge technical expertise, and inspiring expression—most importantly, this must be coupled with the skill of articulating and communicating with clarity in demanding team and client contexts.
- Experience in collaborating with developers, UX specialists and various contractors while keeping an eye on pushing boundaries of aesthetics and ideas.
- An ability to promote and inspire a culture of creativity and digital innovation with a finger on the pulse of what’s new and possible.
- An ability to translate the essence of their thinking into words and then engaging experiences and have the ability to make a compelling case for how and why to execute an idea.
- A strong foundation in aesthetics (typography, photography, film, composition, color, hierarchy).
- An interest in the complexity of the organizations we work with and the systems thinking required to understand and work within this complexity.
- An ability to work iteratively, collaboratively and often in ambiguity without a design brief.
- An eagerness to draw at all times from a wide range of visual and cultural references to define moods and ideas.
- A willingness to share credit for good work and accept responsibility for bad work.
- Sound teaching, mentoring, team leadership and recruiting skills.
We believe it’s worthy work to envision, believe in, and fight for greatness.
That’s the work we do every day.
We aspire to contribute on three levels:
- As a partner to leadership teams in times of transformation.
- As a set of tools to spark teams to perform at their very best.
- As a network of individuals dedicated to each other’s daily success.
We’re a thriving management consulting studio with offices in San Francisco and New York. We place a high value on results, optimism, hard work, and collaboration. Our work environment is highly energetic and creatively charged.
Please check us out at sypartners.com to learn more.