About the role
We are looking for a talented engineer to help us build Synura, a collaborative video planning and editing app that helps streamline your creation flow and offers automatic, AI-powered edits. Our vision extends all the way out to being able to apply edits, splices, and add on-screen elements based on natural language prompts, but we're starting with features around helping plan their videos and do basic post-processing. You should be passionate about the future of video and streaming, and the technology that enables it. In this role you will work closely with our lead front-end and back-end engineers to create product features.
Base compensation range: 5,500-7,000 USD/month
- Work with customers and Synura team members to understand user needs and identify solutions
- Implement product features in our React frontend and, where straightforward, at our API (Rails) interface layer
- Maintain delivery and post-launch quality for all experiences and services
- 3-5 years of combined React experience
Nice to haves
- Our backend is Rails, so if you happen to know Ruby and/or Rails also, that's a wonderful bonus
- We use Postman, if you're already familiar with it that's nice
- Experience with creating video and streaming content yourself is great
- Familiarity with audio/video editing so you can understand how our users will use our product
Why work with us?
- Greenfield project, so you won’t have to deal with convoluted, obscure architecture.
- Small but passionate and talented team.
- Async workplace, so you will not get Zoom fatigue or have to attend daily standups.
- We use a source available license so some of your code will be publicly available.
- From the very outset, we’re building the company with remote in mind, so everything is well documented and your onboarding will be smooth.
- Heavy hitters in the team - we have people who worked in high-profile technical roles at Gitlab, Nike, Datacamp, and more.
To sum it up - you get everything a developer can hope for
- Interesting work that you can share with the world.
- A competitive salary and benefits, at an inclusive company with great values that respects your personal life.
You can see the complete hiring process flow, candidate FAQ, and other information on the recruiting page of our public handbook.
Some general guidelines before you apply: We’re not so much worried about leetcode but your ability to come up with and deliver something that people love. Does the chance to work on new, innovative ideas excite you? And do you care about good coding practices and teamwork? Then you’ll be a good fit.
That said, if you are passionate about video and streaming technology, but aren’t 100% sure if you meet all the qualifications, go ahead and apply and let’s talk.
About Synura, Inc.
At Synura we're passionate about video. We help people create amazing video content by orchestrating the production process and providing a suite of automatic editing capabilities, no technical experience is required. Check out our home page, about us page, GitLab project, and public handbook (which includes our values and company direction) for more info.
Details for all roles
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by a myriad of factors, including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits.
At Synura, Inc., we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Synura, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.