At Syndica, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, and you’ll experience firsthand the infectious enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in crypto.
This role will have the primary accountability of helping to lead product at Syndica. You will be a key hire and the first member of our product team. You will work at the intersection of our engineers and our users to help us continue to develop leading products.
A successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the right features are built through gathering and prioritizing platform requirements with input from the platform customers i.e., downstream of services.
- Contribute to the platform strategy and roadmap definition in collaboration with others on the team ensuring alignment of company objectives, product vision and customer feedback
- Builds business cases that satisfy significant market needs and revenue opportunities, is able and willing pitch business cases to senior management and elaborate on the “what” and “why”
- Responsible for product and services definition: necessary features and functionality and the release criteria (product requirements document); produces and manages usability studies, product metrics, competitive, customer and market analysis into product requirements to identify new opportunities
- Strives to be a subject matter expert in their strategic focus area(s) by identifying the challenges our customers’ face and defines new opportunities to improve our customers’ experience
- Be the go-to source of knowledge for all components of the end-to-end platform
- Effectively communicate the product vision and requirements to the development team
- Make trade-off decisions between possible and desirable, which requires a good sense of what is technically feasible
- Evaluate competitors and the market for capability-oriented and emerging development and technology trends
- Partner with Product Marketing by bringing products to market, collaborate on go-to-market plans as appropriate for any launches impacting end-customers and partners
- Can operate under the limited supervision provided as this individual can operate, drive results, and set priorities independently
- 3+ years working as a Product Manager
- Experience working with cloud products (AWS, GCP, etc.) and smart contracts/programs (or strong interest in learning). Our products target users with complex technical requirements, and the ability to understand their needs from a Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 perspective is critical
- Proven ability to work with developer-focused companies to deliver ‘wow’ developer experiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience and confidence with public speaking
- Track record driving and delivering large, complicated projects on time and within scope
- Entrepreneurial spirit / ability to roll up your sleeves and try different things with minimal direction
- Proven track record of successfully managing and releasing complex SaaS products
- Ability to collaborate across multiple functions driving toward a common goal
- Possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, the drive to make that vision a reality, and technically credible to lead teams of world-class software developers
- Loves and understands technology. Stays up-to-date on competition and disruptors in the market
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Central Time Zone - UTC -6
- Working knowledge of information security issues
- Systematic problem-solving approach, combined with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Eagerness to "automate all the things"
What does success in this role look like?
- In three months, you have become our go-to Product Manager working on important platform features
- In six months, you have earned the trust of the team and are delivering tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through development and are working closely with engineering and executive team to help reach our common goals
- In twelve months, you have established a cadence of predictable, on-time delivery of great product features