At Syndica, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, and you’ll experience firsthand the infectious enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in crypto.
This role will have the primary accountability of designing, implementing, and operating Solidity smart contracts on Solana... Yes, you read that right! Have you looked into Neon EVM? Solidity smart contract development experience is a necessity! The team operates with a “run what you write” philosophy and each engineer is responsible for deploying and operating the code they write.
- Drive high-level decisions about architecture and features
- Design, implement, test, and audit protocol upgrades and additions
- Collaborate with full-stack and front-end developers to bring products to life
- Adopt code quality processes to ensure the readability, best practices and maintainability of solidity smart contracts
- Test smart contracts in and environments
- Collaborate with other engineers to implement operational solutions while defining and adhering to industry best practices
- Proven experience interacting with the EVM and writing high-quality, well-tested Solidity
- Knowledgeable about smart contract security and best practices
- Experienced user of Hardhat/Truffle and Ethers.js/web3.js
- Experienced user of Git version control system
- Passionate about DeFi and knowledgeable about industry trends
- Understanding of tokenomics and governance design
- Experience working in a highly distributed company is a plus
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Central Time Zone - UTC -6
- Working knowledge of information security issues
- Systematic problem-solving approach, combined with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Firm grasp of at least one modern programming language, beyond advanced scripting (Shell or Python)
- Experience writing automation tools & eagerness to "automate all the things"
What does success in this role look like?
- In three months, you have become our go-to Solidity developer working on important smart contracts/programs delivering quality and thoroughly tested code. You’ll have taken on independent code review responsibilities and are collaborating on the design of new instructions/upgrades.
- In six months, you have earned the trust of the team and are delivering tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through development with minimal guidance, and are helping to effectively mentor new engineers joining the team
- In twelve months, you have established a cadence of predictable, on-time delivery without cutting corners