Please note that although all positions at Synctera are remote, candidates must be located and authorized to work in the US or Canada as a precondition of employment. Synctera does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
What We're Doing
At Synctera, we're closing the gap between community banks and FinTechs. Empowering the fastest growing, secure, and scalable FinTech-as-a-Service (FaaS) platform, we tear down integration complexity and build bridges. There are too many FinTechs that need access to a sponsor bank and too few sponsor banks with which to partner, leading to a lack of pricing transparency and less than favorable pricing terms. We’re here to help change that by guiding all parties through the onboarding process and beyond.
We are looking for interesting, curious, wickedly smart people who are ready to jump in and run with our fast-growing team. If you want to have fun at work again, collaborate with some of the sharpest people in the industry, understand the Bank/FinTech ecosystem, and love to win, read on!
What We’re Looking For
If being on the ground floor of working in a compliance program within the BaaS space seems interesting to you, keep reading!
As our Consumer Compliance Officer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and managing multiple forms of consumer disclosures and complaints for our banking partners and fintechs. In brief, we’re looking for someone who will be responsible for managing key forms, disclosures, and complaints in our compliance management program. This is a very hands-on role! We seek a candidate who can collaborate well with other departments and communicate well across varying disciplines and with a wide variety of stakeholders.
In this role, you will work closely with the company’s Compliance Lead to initially design, implement, and execute a comprehensive compliance disclosure and complaint management program. You’ll develop controls that mitigate risk and achieve and maintain regulatory compliance. We will rely on your knowledge of changing regulations to ensure the integrity and adequacy of our compliance programs.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, update, and maintain consumer-facing compliance disclosures, statements, and notices for partner banks and fintechs;
- Work collaboratively with our sponsor banks to enhance their deposit and credit forms which may include reviewing and revising policies, standard operating procedures, and designing controls related to consumer protection compliance, complaints and regulatory change management;
- Document disclosures that mitigate residual risk stemming from forms and disclosures;
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams during the initial sales process to assess consumer risk levels of bank and fintech partner compliance prior to onboarding;
- Collaborate with bank and fintech compliance professionals to manage consumer complaints;
- Have a finger on the pulse of new and upcoming applicable regulations to ensure that the company's compliance programs remain current and reflect all required and best practices guidance;
- Provide status data to the Compliance Lead for monthly compliance reports to senior management, the board of directors and partner banks.
What You Will Bring:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience at a fintech financial institution or regulated financial entity (e.g., MSB, MTL, bank, broker dealer) in a consumer deposits and credit compliance role.
- Working knowledge of applicable regulatory guidelines (e.g., overdraft management guidance, etc.).
- Previous experience with UDAAP, Reg E, Reg Z, Reg DD, privacy and other financial regulations related to consumer compliance.
- Strong and effective communication + ability to interact well with others and to establish credibility and subject matter expertise.
- Technical knowledge is a plus (we work with many developers!)