Please note that although all positions at Synctera are remote, candidates must be located and authorized to work in the US or Canada as a precondition of employment. Synctera does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
What We're Doing
At Synctera, we're closing the gap between community banks and FinTechs. Empowering the fastest growing, secure, and scalable FinTech-as-a-Service (FaaS) platform, we tear down integration complexity and build bridges. There are too many FinTechs that need access to a sponsor bank and too few sponsor banks with which to partner, leading to a lack of pricing transparency and less than favorable pricing terms. We’re here to help change that by guiding all parties through the onboarding process and beyond.
We are looking for interesting, curious, wickedly smart people who are ready to jump in and run with our fast-growing team. If you want to have fun at work again, collaborate with some of the sharpest people in the industry, understand the Bank/FinTech ecosystem, and love to win, read on!
What we’re looking for
We’re truly in the golden era for Fintechs. Imagine a world where bank accounts, debit cards, lending etc. are RESTful resources, trivially manipulated by APIs. What amazing use cases could we unlock together? Well, this has been Synctera’s reality for a while, and we’re launching interesting, game changing fintechs weekly! We’re looking for a Sr. Partner Engineering Lead to work alongside Synctera’s fintech customers as well as vendor partners who integrate with our platform to extend its capabilities.
Fintechs come in many shapes and sizes, from mega-brands who want to layer in financial use cases, to college grads with the next billion dollar idea. As a Sr. Partner Engineer, you will work directly with these fintechs aiming to accelerate them to launch by enabling their use cases with technical bits (starter code, scaffolds, templates, API blueprints, stubs or what have you) that jumpstart their development. The goal behind any artifacts you create for a specific Fintech customer should be to materially accelerate the next wave of fintech customers.
As a Sr. Partner Engineer, you will also work directly with some of our most strategic platform and enterprise partners as they build on our platform, defining use cases, guiding enterprise-grade technical design, and advising on best practices with our APIs. You’ll advocate for our partner ecosystem’s needs internally, and collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to set roadmaps and define and launch new features.
Partner Engineering requires people with technical backgrounds who can also communicate and empathize with developers who are building on the Synctera Platform. This role would appeal to someone who loves coding and thinking through complex scenarios, just as much as communicating with a variety of stakeholders, both technical and non-technical. You enjoy helping people solve problems, writing code samples, and presenting to partners.
Synctera has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing:
- Be an expert on Synctera’s platform capabilities, app design patterns, existing starter repos (e.g., mobile banking sample app, web commercial sample banking app, wallet sample app etc.)
- Support our customers and partners at scale by creating code samples, documentation, best practices, and tools, and contributing to our team’s methodology
- Collaborate with Synctera product, engineering, and other cross-functional teams to build new features, improve the platform, and grow the partner ecosystem
- Work closely with Business Development on our most strategic platform and services partners to create the best possible experiences for fintechs and banks
What you should have:
- 3+ years of partner engineering, customer engineering, sales engineering, or developer relations experience
- 5+ years of overall software engineering experience
- Experience managing a team is a big plus
- Excellent communication skills; you can explain a complex technical issue in such a way that most people could understand & translate the words behind the words in meetings with partners and stakeholders
- Strong understanding of API design principles
- Experience operating within cross-functional teams (business development, product, engineering, design, marketing)
- Passionate about Fintech, Banking as a Service, and the problems we’re solving
- Experience in multiple programming languages (Go is a big plus) and frameworks for backend, frontend (web and mobile) like React JS/Native, Express,
Synctera is remote first.
Synctera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Synctera will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Diversity & Inclusion
Synctera is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity within the United States and Canada. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity, and all those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to the diversification of Synctera.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for US and Canadian employees and dependents
- Employer contribution to HSA for US employees
- Annual HCSA and generous extended health care coverage for Canadian employees and dependents
- 401(k) for US employees and RRSP for Canadian employees
- Mental health resources available for all employees
- Unlimited paid time off
- Generous paid new parent leave program
- Home office setup stipend
- Stock options program for all employees
- Growth potential and opportunity to have a significant impact at an early stage of our company's journey
- Working with a team of rockstars (+ a monthly happy hour with the team!)
To all recruiters and recruitment agencies: Synctera does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or to Synctera employees without an active vendor agreement in place. Synctera is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.