Please note that although all positions at Synctera are remote, candidates must be located and authorized to work in the US or Canada as a precondition of employment. Synctera does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
What We're Doing
At Synctera, we're closing the gap between community banks and FinTechs. Empowering the fastest growing, secure, and scalable FinTech-as-a-Service (FaaS) platform, we tear down integration complexity and build bridges. There are too many FinTechs that need access to a sponsor bank and too few sponsor banks with which to partner, leading to a lack of pricing transparency and less than favorable pricing terms. We’re here to help change that by guiding all parties through the onboarding process and beyond.
We are looking for interesting, curious, wickedly smart people who are ready to jump in and run with our fast-growing team. If you want to have fun at work again, collaborate with some of the sharpest people in the industry, understand the Bank/FinTech ecosystem, and love to win, read on!
What we’re looking for
As a Director of Product, you will be responsible for launching Company Debit Cards for FinTech Partners “Developer FinTech”, successfully enabling new Fintech partners to accelerate piloting with real transactions, bank matching and onboarding FinTechs. You will ensure effective development and delivery of product line revenue growth and profitability. The Director of Product will also have responsibility for the day-to-day operational efficiency and profitability of the “Developer Fintechs”. In this position, you will develop and execute a growth strategy, drive business performance, and provide overall cross-functional leadership to drive alignment to business strategies. This includes to productize and improve our FinTech onboarding process, including matching of FinTech partners with Banks. You will coordinate with other product managers to utilize features already available on the platform to create value in a timely fashion.
Our dream candidate is a user obsessed, enthusiastic team player who enjoys working closely with other product managers, designers and developers, and is eager to help solve a range of wicked problems. We’re searching for someone with great talent, super attitude, and a passion to help drive change in financial services.
What you'll do
- Think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just ‘how it looks’ but ‘why we should build’) and how we measure success
- Work closely with the Synctera product development team to define vision and strategies for the efficiencies in the operational processes and create product roadmaps to execute those strategies
- Gather requirements, capture user stories and create specifications for stakeholders and the development team
- Make executive decisions on the development team’s priorities to deliver projects with the highest impact
- Map out the minimum viable product; coordinate resources to successfully launch products and measure core success metrics to continually iterate and improve future phases
- Work as Scrum Master and lead daily scrums with the team or work closely with other product managers to surface missing platform features.
- Work Closely with our data analytics and data science team to measure outcomes and drive data driven decision making for new features
- Accountable for profit & loss
- Manage relationship with sales
- Manage contractual compliance
- Drive planning and reporting
- Accountable for annual operating plan
- Lead change
- Develop policies and drive compliance
- Evaluate business risk
- Develop staff competencies
- Drive employee engagement
- Drive the full deployment of our products, process leveraging customer and market insights ensuring competitive positioning aligned with the business roadmap.
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of business leadership experience including Profit & Loss exposure and accountability and establishing annual operating plans
- 3+ years of experience in customer discovery and positioning of distinctive offerings
- 4+ years of solid Product Management experience bringing B2B SAAS products to market and seeing it through many iterations
- Experience working with banking and financial services
- Strong analysis skills; you are superb at breaking down problems into logical steps
- Strong data-driven approach in decision making (via KPIs and metrics)
- Ability to design and navigate through conflicting priorities, turning ambiguity into clarity in a fast-changing environment
- Agile scrum master experience
- Superb communication skills (we emphasize team collaboration); can convey technical concepts to non-technical people as well as turn non-technical requirements into technical specifications
- Ability to think through problems and develop solutions quickly as a phenomenal problem solver
- Results-oriented; someone who knows how to get the job done regardless of circumstance
- Team player who loves to collaborate and bounce ideas off others; you understand that giving/receiving feedback is crucial in your development and growth
Nice to Have:
- Solid technical background; experience with working on systems that process imperfect data
- Extensive experience in executing go-to-market strategies and launching new products
- Solid understanding of Meta processes to support the business
- Experience working with banking and financial services
- Understand methodology behind creating amazing user workflows
- Solid understanding of a marketplace application and life-cycle needs of different type of market participants
- Ability to lead design thinking workshops
- Solid understanding of banking and payments
- Good eye for UI/UX design
- B2B experience
- Knowledge of Business Evaluation, Due Diligence and contracting helpful
- Experience with U.S. banking regulations and banking processes
- Experience working within a startup environment
Diversity & Inclusion
Synctera is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity within the United States and Canada. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity, and all those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to the diversification of Synctera.
- Medical, Dental and Vision PPO as well as supplementary secondary benefits
- Annual HCSA for individuals & families & 100% drug coverage - Canadian employees only
- 401(k) -US employees only
- Generous PTO
- Stock options
- Growth potential and opportunity to have a significant impact at an early stage of our company's journey
- Working with a team of rockstars (+ a weekly happy hour with the team!)
To all recruiters and recruitment agencies: Synctera does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or to Synctera employees without an active vendor agreement in place. Synctera is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.