Please note that although all positions at Synctera are remote, candidates must be located and authorized to work in the US or Canada as a precondition of employment. Synctera does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
What We're Doing
At Synctera, we're closing the gap between community banks and FinTechs. Empowering the fastest growing, secure, and scalable FinTech-as-a-Service (FaaS) platform, we tear down integration complexity and build bridges. There are too many FinTechs that need access to a sponsor bank and too few sponsor banks with which to partner, leading to a lack of pricing transparency and less than favorable pricing terms. We’re here to help change that by guiding all parties through the onboarding process and beyond.
We are looking for interesting, curious, wickedly smart people who are ready to jump in and run with our fast-growing team. If you want to have fun at work again, collaborate with some of the sharpest people in the industry, understand the Bank/FinTech ecosystem, and love to win, read on!
Reporting to the Head of Customer Success, you will play a critical role in the success and execution of customers thriving with Synctera products and services. As a Customer Success Manager (CSM) for our FinTech customers, you will ensure your customers derive the maximum value from our products and services. What puts a smile on your face every day is knowing you will be leading the charge to quantify your customer’s value, drive their adoption on the platform, influence their engagement in our FinTech marketplace ecosystem, sharing best practices, answer business questions, identify opportunities and develop strategic goals and objectives. Ultimately, it will be your personal accountability for results and willingness to go ‘the extra mile’ for each customer that brings exponential impact!
Areas of Ownership:
- Customer Experience Management
- Customer Health Management
- Engagement and Community Management
- Revenue Growth and Retention
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as your customer's experience advocate and guide throughout their customer journey after the sales transition hand-off.
- As your FinTech customers are actively in the process of being matched to a sponsor bank in the Synctera marketplace, serve as their primary guide to ensure a pleasant and optimal experience throughout the match life cycle.
- Own the customer platform and API adoption and enablement strategy for each FinTech customer, ensuring each is successful in understanding how to independently extract maximum value from Synctera.
- Partner with different teams (Sales, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Product, Compliance) to ensure an excellent customer experience and, where appropriate, add value to supporting business development and sales opportunities.
- Work closely with the marketing team to curate case studies, testimonials, reviews and other Voice of the Customer (VOC) materials.
- Establish and maintain strong advisory and influential relationships with key customer stakeholders and end-users, positioning yourself as their primary point of contact at Synctera.
- Influence lifetime value through maintaining constant vigilance to their overall health and value scores.
- Partner with your customer success team members during collaborations on value growth strategies that serve the interests of both your FinTech customers and their sponsor banks.
- Conduct product demos, workshops, and training with your customer’s end-users and stakeholders to drive optimum adoption and engagement.
- Serving as a VOC representative at Synctera, continually identifying opportunities for additional platform features or services that aim to expand their value.
- Participate as a contributor in the FinTech community ecosystem by attending and participating in events - both live and online.
- Actively build the Synctera FinTech community, and boost our brand awareness, by influencing your customers to participate in our growing FinTech ecosystem.
- Continually identify opportunities for strategic alliances and partnerships that align with your customer’s strategic growth goals and initiatives in the near and short-term.
- Ultimately, responsible for driving revenue retention and referenceability with your assigned accounts.
What You’ll Bring:
- A strong desire to contribute to the economic diversity and change the FinTech industry empowers
- At least 5+ years of experience as a CSM in SaaS or equivalent experience as a Relationship Manager for a banking institution
- Background using data and analytics in decision making, as well as presenting to external parties
- Strong ability to craft and present presentations and materials to internal and external stakeholders, with a natural ability for storytelling
- Proven high CSAT, NPS results, high customer health measurements, and referencable accounts
- Proven track record of achieving retention goals and growth targets
- Familiar with change management practices, change communications and process re-engineering
- Knowledge or experience in financial services products, solutions, processes, and/or compliance
- Strong business and technical acumen
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with customers, especially at the Executive level, and engage across corporate functions (i.e., Sales, Managing Partners, IT, Digital Transformation Teams, Marketing, Customer Support, Professional Services, and Product Management)
- Strong understanding of value drivers in transactional revenue business models
- Experience using a CRM, such as Salesforce and a customer success tool like Gainsight, Catalyst.io, etc.
- Proven strategic planning experience and developing customer success plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to lead meetings and host webinars
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Expected Results Within 1-2 Months:
- After receiving initial new-hire training / onboarding, we expect you to have gained and maintained a deeper knowledge of Synctera products and services - the value they provide - and the customer journeys and experiences that support optimal adoption.
- Self-sufficient management with 10-12 FinTech customer accounts.
- Actively ensure there is a success plan in place for each of your customers, and actively lead and manage each plan.
- Timely execution of standard touchpoints, such as customer meetings, account reviews, etc.
- Achieve / exceed CSAT targets and other defined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Achieve value expansion and revenue growth within a high percentage of accounts
Diversity & Inclusion
Synctera is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity within the United States and Canada. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity, and all those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to the diversification of Synctera.
- Medical, Dental and Vision PPO as well as supplementary secondary benefits
- Annual HCSA for individuals & families & 100% drug coverage - Canadian employees only
- 401(k) -US employees only
- Generous PTO
- Stock options
- Growth potential and opportunity to have a significant impact at an early stage of our company's journey
- Working with a team of rockstars (+ a weekly happy hour with the team!)
To all recruiters and recruitment agencies: Synctera does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or to Synctera employees without an active vendor agreement in place. Synctera is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.