Please note that although all positions at Synctera are remote, candidates must be located and authorized to work in the US or Canada as a precondition of employment. Synctera does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
What We're Doing
At Synctera, we're closing the gap between community banks and FinTechs. Empowering the fastest growing, secure, and scalable FinTech-as-a-Service (FaaS) platform, we tear down integration complexity and build bridges. There are too many FinTechs that need access to a sponsor bank and too few sponsor banks with which to partner, leading to a lack of pricing transparency and less than favorable pricing terms. We’re here to help change that by guiding all parties through the onboarding process and beyond.
We are looking for interesting, curious, wickedly smart people who are ready to jump in and run with our fast-growing team. If you want to have fun at work again, collaborate with some of the sharpest people in the industry, understand the Bank/FinTech ecosystem, and love to win, read on!
Who you are
First, you’re a full stack data person. You know the perils of CSV formats and you’ve had to rinse and clean more than your fair share of data. You’re fluent in SQL, Data Visualization and Dashboarding. You know that all data is uncertain and there is measurement error in everything. You love to learn. You thrive by helping companies become faster, better-informed and more confident in their data-driven decisions.
What you’ll do
This is the first hire in our team. Working across a variety of problem spaces, you’ll bring understanding to our data - measuring how it’s behaving and how our products are performing. From that platform, you'll start developing quantitative knowledge in our ecosystem. Your work will inform almost every aspect of our business, and will be visible throughout our community. It will give our customers and partners unprecedented visibility into their portfolios on our platform.
As our team grows, you’ll mentor the folk who come after you. You'll continue to help our internal stakeholders understand and use the results of your analysis and experimentation to better inform our business decisions.
What you’ll bring
- Expertise in Python (Pandas/SciPy), R (or similar); strong SQL
- Deep experience with one or more data Visualization tools - we use Looker, but Tableau, Matplotlib or Mode are all relevant alternatives. You’ll have designed dashboards for many different internal stakeholders
- 5-10 years’ experience of increasing responsibility, autonomy and influence
- Experience being part of a small team being built from the ground up
- Ability to think through problems and develop solutions quickly as a phenomenal problem solver
- Solid technical background; experience with working on systems that process imperfect data
- Results-oriented; someone who knows how to get the job done regardless of circumstance
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in relevant discipline - Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Science Degree or a Computer Science specialization.
What's a plus
- Experience working in Agile development environments
- Experience building a team from the ground up
- Startup/very small company experience
- Solid understanding of banking and payments
- Experience with one or more ELT/ETL tools
- Experience with Gitlab (or similar tools) and wireframing tools
What else we'd love to learn about you
- A github/gitlab repo with some of your public work
- Your public.tableausoftware.com work examples
- Slides from prior presentations
- Hobby projects
- Favorite analytical projects
- Experiments you’ve run
- Projects that have failed
Diversity & Inclusion
Synctera is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity within the United States and Canada. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity, and all those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to the diversification of Synctera.
- Medical, Dental and Vision PPO as well as supplementary secondary benefits
- Annual HCSA for individuals & families & 100% drug coverage - Canadian employees only
- 401(k) -US employees only
- Generous PTO
- Stock options
- Growth potential and opportunity to have a significant impact at an early stage of our company's journey
- Working with a team of rockstars (+ a weekly happy hour with the team!)
To all recruiters and recruitment agencies: Synctera does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or to Synctera employees without an active vendor agreement in place. Synctera is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.