Please note that although all positions at Synctera are remote, candidates must be located and authorized to work in the US or Canada as a precondition of employment. Synctera does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
What We're Doing
At Synctera, we're closing the gap between community banks and FinTechs. Empowering the fastest growing, secure, and scalable FinTech-as-a-Service (FaaS) platform, we tear down integration complexity and build bridges. There are too many FinTechs that need access to a sponsor bank and too few sponsor banks with which to partner, leading to a lack of pricing transparency and less than favorable pricing terms. We’re here to help change that by guiding all parties through the onboarding process and beyond.
We are looking for interesting, curious, wickedly smart people who are ready to jump in and run with our fast-growing team. If you want to have fun at work again, collaborate with some of the sharpest people in the industry, understand the Bank/FinTech ecosystem, and love to win, read on!
What we're looking for
As we rapidly build our platform capabilities, we’re looking for an experienced business development leader to establish and manage our most critical partnerships and help set the foundation for our growth.
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate and knowledgeable about the world of FinTech and banking,adept at originating and executing new partnerships, and a master of managing VIP relationships. If creative thinking, clear communicating, and self-starting are in your DNA, you’ll be a great fit for our team. And if you’re excited about building new businesses from the ground up through collaborations with exceptionally talented teams and partners, we’d love to chat with you!!
What you’ll do
- Originate, negotiate, and execute partnerships to help build out core platform capabilities.
- Manage and grow relationships with our existing partners.
- Identify market opportunities for Synctera and represent these to internal stakeholders.
- Test and validate product and business hypotheses with ecosystem stakeholders.
- Lead strategic initiatives and go to market activities to accelerate our growth and build on our competitive advantages.
- Coordinate execution between our internal stakeholders and our partners.
- Design processes to improve operational execution for the business teams.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of business development experience in the technology, payments, or banking industries.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience developing new business models and bespoke agreements.
- Strong knowledge of the FinTech and banking markets as well as their tech stacks.
- Ability to work independently in a complex, fast paced environment.
- Superb communication skills; can traverse technical and non-technical audiences and concepts with ease.
- Ability to think through problems and develop solutions quickly as a phenomenal problem solver.
- Results-oriented, with a bias for action.
- Team player who loves to collaborate and bounce ideas off others; you understand that giving/receiving feedback is crucial in your development and growth
- Bachelor degree or equivalent, with coursework or experience in quantitative fields.
What’s a plus
- MBA or equivalent
- Banking or consulting experience
- Experience working within a startup environment
- Experience working in regulated markets and with U.S. banking regulations
Diversity & Inclusion
Synctera is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity within the United States and Canada. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity, and all those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to the diversification of Synctera.
- Medical, Dental and Vision PPO as well as supplementary secondary benefits
- Annual HCSA for individuals & families & 100% drug coverage - Canadian employees only
- 401(k) -US employees only
- Generous PTO
- Stock options
- Growth potential and opportunity to have a significant impact at an early stage of our company's journey
- Working with a team of rockstars (+ a weekly happy hour with the team!)
To all recruiters and recruitment agencies: Synctera does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or to Synctera employees without an active vendor agreement in place. Synctera is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.