Synchron is a clinical-stage endovascular brain computer interface (BCI) company. Since 2012, the company has been developing a BCI platform that avoids the need for open brain surgery by using a minimally-invasive procedure. The Synchron Switch™ BCI received FDA Breakthrough Device Designation in 2020, and is currently in human clinical trials in the US and Australia.
The company recently announced an oversubscribed $75 million Series C financing round led by ARCH Venture Partners, with participation from Gates Frontier, Bezos Expeditions and other top-tier investors. The funds will accelerate product development, facilitate commencement of a pivotal clinical trial, and advance Synchron towards a first-in-class BCI market approval for the treatment of paralysis.
The Synchron Switch™ brain computer interface is implanted in the blood vessel on the surface of the motor cortex of the brain via the jugular vein, through a minimally-invasive endovascular procedure. Once implanted, it is designed to detect and wirelessly transmit motor intent out of the brain, restoring a capability for severely paralyzed patients to control personal devices with hands-free point-and-click. Synchron is a dynamic, multi-disciplinary and rapidly growing team.
Join our mission of developing a first-in-class commercial BCI for more than 100 million people worldwide with upper limb impairment. Help people with previously untreatable conditions regain connection to the world.
We are growing the team that is building the software components of our Brain Computer Interface (BCI) system: Interpreting brain signals to control digital devices essential to daily life in the 21st century.
Our software team is a small group of talented and experienced individuals developing high-quality and technically advanced software. In this role, you will report to the Director of Software and be responsible for implementing and testing AWS-hosted software systems.
The role is considered full-stack and includes web-based UI and API development as well as back-end and data management. We are committed to building a robust and reliable architecture appropriate for use by medical device systems.
We are a lean, fast-paced, passionate team pushing the boundaries of what is possible in the neurotech space to dramatically improve the quality of life for millions of people globally: We want you to join us.
- Design and develop software to solve key challenges in brain computer interfaces
- Define and implement software system tests to verify functionality
- Work with the product and data science teams to realize their needs for functional and administrative features with robust web user interfaces
- Bachelors degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- 2-3 of experience developing and releasing software in an AWS cloud environment
- Understanding of infrastructure as code
- Experience in delivering code to production in a commercial environment
- Comfort working in an Agile software development environment and holding oneself accountable
- Experience in development of FDA regulated medical devices
- Experience with automated UI testing frameworks
Expected salary range: $107k-$131k