Synchron is a clinical-stage endovascular brain computer interface (BCI) company. Since 2012, the company has been developing a BCI platform that avoids the need for open brain surgery by using a minimally-invasive procedure. The Synchron Switch™ BCI received FDA Breakthrough Device Designation in 2020, and is currently in human clinical trials in the US and Australia.
The company recently announced an oversubscribed $75 million Series C financing round led by ARCH Venture Partners, with participation from Gates Frontier, Bezos Expeditions and other top-tier investors. The funds will accelerate product development, facilitate commencement of a pivotal clinical trial, and advance Synchron towards a first-in-class BCI market approval for the treatment of paralysis.
The Synchron Switch™ brain computer interface is implanted in the blood vessel on the surface of the motor cortex of the brain via the jugular vein, through a minimally-invasive endovascular procedure. Once implanted, it is designed to detect and wirelessly transmit motor intent out of the brain, restoring a capability for severely paralyzed patients to control personal devices with hands-free point-and-click. Synchron is a dynamic, multi-disciplinary and rapidly growing team.
Join our mission of developing a first-in-class commercial BCI for more than 100 million people worldwide with upper limb impairment. Help people with previously untreatable conditions regain connection to the world.
We need a verification test lead for the software components of our Brain Computer Interface (BCI) system which allows our users to overcome motor difficulties in order to accomplish a variety of digital tasks.
Our software team is a small group of talented and experienced individuals developing high-quality and technically advanced software. In this role, you will report to the Director of Software and be responsible for evaluating, approving and verifying software requirements to ensure unparalleled reliability of our software systems which interpret brain signals to control digital devices essential to daily life in the 21st century.
Automation of software system tests is essential to ensure robust and readily repeatable software verification protocols. We are expecting this individual to provide quality leadership to the software team and take responsibility for both hands-on development and review of automated test code. The role may also include leading and tracking validation of test infrastructure components.
We are a lean, fast-paced, passionate team pushing the boundaries of what is possible in the neurotech space to dramatically improve the quality of life for millions of people globally: We want you to join us.
- Document plans and protocols for software system verification
- Lead verification efforts on firmware, windows, mobile and cloud platforms
- Review and approve requirements for multiple software components
- Develop and review software system tests leveraging gherkin syntax in C, python and dart
- Ensure compliance with IEC 62304-compliant software verification procedures
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of experience in verification of FDA regulated software
- Previous formal and/or informal leadership roles in software verification
- Experience developing automated software system tests in Cucumber, Spock, SpecFlow or other comparable frameworks
- Comfort with Agile software development
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience with Windows, iOS, Android and/or cloud development, especially accessibility frameworks and APIs
- Experience with Flutter development
- Experience in development of implantable medical devices
Expected salary range: $145-$155k