Synchron is developing a platform of brain interface technology that transmits data in and out of the brain via devices implanted inside cerebral blood vessels using minimally invasive endovascular procedures (Neuro-Intervention).
As a leader in brain-to-machine communication, Synchron is poised to create a significant impact in its industry and to meaningfully impact many peoples’ lives. Whilst the company’s technology is maturing fast (4 clinical trial participants have already benefited from the first-generation device), there is an opportunity to help shape the company’s direction and to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary and growing team.
We are a lean, fast-paced, passionate team pushing the boundaries of what is possible in the neurotech space to dramatically improve the quality of life of millions of people globally, and we want you to join us.
We are looking for a Human Resources manager to support the US team. Support activities will include:
- Develop and execute high-growth hiring plan –
- Work with hiring managers and Finance to determine necessary roles, budget and timing for hiring
- Coordinate recruiting strategy
- Coordinate interview process
- Create and manage job offers and counter-offers
- Coordinate onboarding – training, supplies, office space
- Plan, implement, and evaluate human resources policies, programs, and practices (create and maintain employee handbook)
- Develop and implement performance review process
- Manage benefits program, including annual Open Enrollment: assess benefit needs and trends; recommend benefit programs to management; handle any benefit claims issues; obtain and evaluate benefit contract bids; award benefit contracts; and design and conduct educational programs on benefit programs.
- Update job requirements and job descriptions for all positions annually
- Monitor pay and benefit structures to maintain competitiveness
- Work with managers to coach and discipline employees; hear and resolve employee grievances; and counsel employees and supervisors.
- Monitor and implement applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conduct investigations, maintain records, and represent the organization at hearings.
- Design and maintain a filing and retrieval system for past and current records for worldwide team
- Manages future human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training and evaluating employees.
- Creating and planning team engagement activities
- Run semi-monthly payroll
- Maintain applicant tracking system
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or similar work experience required
- 5+ years of experience in progressively responsible human resource roles
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role
- Experience in a high growth startup environment desirable
- Experience with applicant tracking system
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Experience working with a global team, across many time zones
A successful candidate will be prepared to discuss their various levels of experience in:
- Human resources management
- Benefits administration
- Performance management
- Communication processes
- Compensation and wage structure
- Supporting diversity
- Classifying employees
- Employment law
- Laws against sexual harassment
At Synchron we value our culture and the way we work together to achieve our goals. You will work amongst a group of hard-working, fun and caring people who support each other and are passionate about bringing life changing technologies to people with disabilities.
Synchron provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Synchron operates in Australia and the USA.