Synchron is developing a platform of brain interface technology that transmits data in and out of the brain via devices implanted inside cerebral blood vessels using minimally invasive endovascular procedures (Neuro-Intervention).
As a leader in brain-to-machine communication, Synchron is poised to create a significant impact in its industry and to meaningfully impact many peoples’ lives. Whilst the company’s technology is maturing fast (4 clinical trial participants have already benefited from the first-generation device), there is an opportunity to help shape the company’s direction and to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary and growing team.
We are a lean, fast-paced, passionate team pushing the boundaries of what is possible in the neurotech space to dramatically improve the quality of life of millions of people globally, and we want you to join us.
Director of Software Engineering
The Director of Software Engineering is responsible for building a new software organization for Synchron as a leader in the brain computer interface. The software director will be responsible for development of a software process that includes pathways for regulated and unregulated software projects. This director will work cross functionally to translate user needs into software requirements and lead the team through the software development process. The software director is responsible for creating an extensible software architecture that lends itself to a product roadmap for ongoing innovation for the patient, caregiver, and business needs.
- Build and lead a high performing team of software engineers from project conception to commercialization.
- Develop a software process that includes pathways for regulated and unregulated software
- Develop software architecture in partnership with business partners to be extensible to future development needs
- Work with cross disciplinary teams to define requirements and processes and provide software builds on a cadence for creating system maturity on a cadence
- Work closely with regulatory partners to develop regulated software process, documentation, and support audits
- Partner with external software vendors to augment internal software team capabilities and build flex resourcing capabilities
We are looking for a strategic thinker capable of translating business objectives into tactical action plans and milestones. We are looking for someone who is results-oriented and an effective collaborator and relationship builder.
- Software development and commercialization experience
- People Management experience
- Experience developing and commercializing software over a broad range of products/applications
- Personal drive, individual accountability & a strong bias for action
- Excellent organizational, communication, and collaboration skills