Senior Program Manager
Synapse Product Development utilizes the talents of engaged and excellence-focused engineers, project managers, and business operations professionals to collaborate on creative and cutting-edge product development solutions for the world’s leading companies. Synapsters embrace the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects, find fun in solving hard problems with great coworkers, and understand the value of cross-discipline collaboration to provide stellar client service. Synapse supports an environment of openness and trust where employees work hard to get the job done and still have time to maintain meaningful lives.
About Synapse's San Francisco Office
Synapse’s San Francisco site, which will accommodate the office’s planned growth in the years ahead, offers proximity to transit as well as the amenities of the SoMa neighborhood. Here, the growing group of about thirty Synapsters balances focus with fun. Wednesday Lunch provides time for employees to celebrate successes and navigate shared challenges together. While our current state of remote work has necessitated a shift in the “how”, Synapse continues to find ways to nurture community connections whether outdoors, online, or wherever is appropriate to the evolving context in 2021.
Our program managers lead cross-functional teams developing new products from concept through production. They bring value to the design process, keep projects on schedule, and manage communication between complex teams involving Synapse engineers, clients, and key partners and vendors. As a Synapse program manager, you can ensure program success by managing client expectations, maintaining your team's focus on the right goals and priorities, developing execution strategies, and maintaining a continuous, supportive dialogue with our clients. Strong communication skills, a solid technical background, and organization and creative problem solving skills are key to this role.
- Lead multidisciplinary project teams in complex product development projects
- Develop project execution strategies and schedules to match our clients' needs
- Build and maintain rapport with new and repeat clients through thoughtful communication of project goals, priorities, status, risks and issues
- Create and maintain project schedules and budgets, monitor and prioritize project team work, and assess risks and control project scope
- Deliver high quality results within budget and on schedule
- Support your team's mental health and camaraderie by planning fun team events
- 5-10 years of experience as a Project Leader/ Program Manager
- At least 3 years experience shipping commercial products as Lead Project Manager
- Strong relationship building, presentation, and client interaction skills
- Experience working with multiple engineering disciplines (e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, and Industrial Design)
- Experience estimating, proposing, and managing fixed-price projects
- Technical expertise in one or more engineering disciplines
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously as well as manage a team of talented engineers and various technical clients.
- Deep understanding of day to day project delivery requirements, issues, needs and risk mitigation
- Strong understanding and use of project management methodologies, standards, and tools
- Bachelor of Science degree (preferably in engineering) or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree in Engineering
- Experience managing programs involving multiple external partners collaborating with the internal team
- Experience with overseas contract manufacturers
Product Development Process Diagram
This is required for all PM applicants. Your application will not be considered without a one page description or diagram of the product development process from ideation through mass production.
Employees may need to travel in and out of country based on client and project needs up to two weeks at a time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.