SymphonyAI (SAI) is seeking an intern to join the Investment Team at SymphonyAI and support all aspects of the investment process. SAI is an investment firm that focuses on acquisitions of software, data, analytics, and tech-enabled services companies. Located in Palo Alto, SAI was founded by Dr. Romesh Wadhwani, a successful tech entrepreneur, private equity investor, and philanthropist in Silicon Valley in 2017.
This individual will participate in all transaction functions and portfolio management activities, serve as an integral part of a close-knit group of investment professionals, take the lead in financial modeling and industry research, play a key role in the underlying analysis of investment decisions, and assist senior professionals in structuring and negotiating prospective investments in target companies.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Responsibilities will include:
- Taking an active role in the evaluation, structuring and financing of potential investments
- Conducting detailed due diligence of potential investment opportunities including industry, competitive and business diligence
- Financial modeling and analysis of potential investment opportunities
- Preparing and delivering presentations to the firm’s investment committee
- Researching potential market sectors for investment and sourcing of potential investment opportunities
- Monitoring of select portfolio companies and interacting with management teams on specific growth initiatives
Successful candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university or college
- In process at a top tier MBA program
- 2+ years’ experience in a private equity firm focused on enterprise software, data analytics, and/or artificial intelligence is required
- Outstanding financial modeling and analytical skills
- Demonstrated competency in financial statement analysis, valuation, accounting and finance
- Demonstrated ability and interest in working with a small group of investment professionals
Who We Are
SymphonyAI is the world’s largest B2B AI operating company, with a mission to be the leader in AI-powered business solutions. SAI is building a portfolio of leading high-growth companies, each focused on a vertical or horizontal sector, and operates using a $1B capital-infused fund under the leadership of Dr. Romesh Wadhwani, a highly successful Silicon Valley entrepreneur and business executive.
Since inception in 2017, SAI has demonstrated substantial scale and success through a unique blend of early-stage ideation, incubation, venture capital dynamics, and private equity discipline to grow to over $350M in annual revenues and more than 2,200 employees worldwide.
SAI companies operate in healthcare and life sciences, retail/CPG, industrial AI and IoT, media/entertainment, financial services, and IT operations using highly differentiated technology innovations and AI, machine learning, natural language processing, unsupervised learning, and optimization.
The SAI leadership team of seasoned serial entrepreneurs, technologists, and executives comes from various successful companies in many different industries. The team’s stellar record of developing successful companies builds on a history of innovation in high-performance computing, big data infrastructure, AI, and a razor-sharp focus on delivering product-market fit and business value.
As context, SAI’s investment criteria include:
- Transaction Size: Enterprise value up to $500M
- Transaction Types: Control Acquisitions & Recapitalizations, Industry Consolidations and Corporate Divestitures.