Director of Business Development, GTM
Who We Are
SymphonyAI is the world’s largest B2B AI operating company, with a mission to be the leader in AI-powered business solutions. SAI is building a portfolio of leading high-growth companies, each focused on a vertical or horizontal sector, and operates using a $1B capital-infused fund under the leadership of Dr. Romesh Wadhwani, a highly successful Silicon Valley entrepreneur and business executive.
Since inception in 2017, SAI has demonstrated substantial scale and success through a unique blend of early-stage ideation, incubation, venture capital dynamics, and private equity discipline to grow to over $350M in annual revenues and more than 2,200 employees worldwide.
SAI companies operate in healthcare and life sciences, retail/CPG, industrial AI and IoT, media/entertainment, financial services, and IT operations using highly differentiated technology innovations and AI, machine learning, natural language processing, unsupervised learning, and optimization.
The SAI leadership team of seasoned serial entrepreneurs, technologists, and executives comes from various successful companies in many different industries. The team’s stellar record of building successful companies builds on a history of innovation in high-performance computing, big data infrastructure, AI, and a razor-sharp focus on delivering product-market fit and business value.
The Director of Business Development is responsible for developing strategies, sourcing, negotiating and closing high impact lighthouse customers, system integrators (SIs) and industry influencers as needed to drive revenue growth for SAI and our portfolio. By evangelizing the most advanced AI/ML platform on the market (deep graph learning and topological data analysis) you will enable SAI to penetrate new customers and integrator ecosystems through executive level relationships to multiply the value of our offerings. You will work closely with various internal teams and be a key driver towards advancing our vision and contributing to our portfolio revenue targets.
- Developing a BD strategy, covering both strategic and commercial goals, and implementing the processes and functions to execute it effectively
- Design, evaluate, and pursue new strategic alliances with various industry players
- Evaluate and prioritize lighthouse customer opportunities, establishing KPIs that will determine the ultimate success of the partnership
- Own end to end relationships with lighthouse customers and maintain senior executive-level contacts
- Manage a portfolio of SIs, including sourcing, negotiating, signing and launching deals
- Secure new and innovative integrations, distribution models, and co-marketing initiatives that drive revenue. Create mutual success for customers and SIs through innovative solutions that leverage SAI’s unique capabilities
- Deepen relationships with existing partners & SIs by looking at opportunities for joint programs
- Objective & dispassionate - pursues new opportunities based on data & customer validation, less so on gut instinct
- Framework driven - uses frameworks and data to develop a thorough understanding of markets and product opportunities and the potential for new innovation
- Scrappy - comfortable diving into new projects at their earliest beginnings. Resourceful finding data, customers and team members to bring new products to life. Comfort with ambiguity and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Self-critical - constantly questions assumptions, designs and priorities based on new information. Eager to “get it right”
- Academic and professional achievements that indicate someone who has a “strong motor” and can think from first principles
- 10+ years in Business Development and/or Enterprise Sales with experience in a startup / high growth company is preferred
- Track record of landing enterprise lighthouse customers and a proven ability to exceed targets and generate pipeline and revenue leveraging relationships
- Good working knowledge of AI and the market landscape of ML vendors (deep experience in analytics is OK)
- Have sold complex enterprise B2B SaaS solutions (AI/ML preferred)
- Knowledge of telecommunications, media, industrial IoT, retail/cpg, financial services and/or healthcare/life science vertical(s)
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams including senior executives and an understanding of enterprise decision-making
- Strong analytical skills and strategic acumen with demonstrated hands-on execution abilities