Director, New Product Development
The Director, New Product Development works with SymphonyAI portfolio companies to incubate new AI product lines that add to the scope and value of those companies. NPD initiatives can be realized as new development projects or acquisitions depending on the circumstances.
- Develop market maps of potential new product opportunities in vertical markets that complement SymphonyAI portfolio companies.
- Research customer problems, competition and other industry trends that lead to new business opportunities
- Creating business cases to develop or acquire new product lines
- Validate new product proposals to business customers and secure them as lighthouse customers
- Lead the v1 development efforts for incubated products
- Transition newly incubated products to SymphonyAI portfolio companies, rinse & repeat
- Objective & dispassionate - pursues new opportunities based on data & customer validation, not gut instinct
- Framework driven - uses frameworks and data to develop a thorough understanding of markets and product opportunities and the potential for new innovation
- Scrappy - comfortable diving into new projects at their earliest beginnings. Resourceful finding data, customers and team members to bring new products to life.
- Self-critical - constantly questions assumptions, designs and priorities based on new information. Eager to “get it right”
- Technology friendly - comfortable with technology stacks, iterative development cycles and working hands-on with small engineering teams
- Academic and professional achievements that indicate someone who has a “strong motor” and can think from first principles
- 2-4 years of experience in strategy consulting, new market development or related roles
- 2-4 years of experience working in innovative B2B software companies small or large
- Experience serving the financial services, telecommunications or media industry with software or advisory services
Who We Are
SymphonyAI (SAI) is the world’s largest B2B AI operating company, with a mission to be the leader in AI-powered business solutions. SAI is building a portfolio of leading high-growth companies, each focused on a vertical or horizontal sector, and operates using a $1B capital-infused fund under the leadership of Dr. Romesh Wadhwani, a highly successful Silicon Valley entrepreneur and business executive.
Since inception in 2017, SAI has demonstrated substantial scale and success through a unique blend of early-stage ideation, incubation, venture capital dynamics, and private equity discipline to grow to over $350M in annual revenues and more than 2,200 employees worldwide.
SAI companies operate in healthcare and life sciences, retail/CPG, industrial AI and IoT, media/entertainment, financial services, and IT operations using highly differentiated technology innovations and AI, machine learning, natural language processing, unsupervised learning, and optimization.
The SAI leadership team of seasoned serial entrepreneurs, technologists, and executives comes from various successful companies in many different industries. The team’s stellar record of building successful companies builds on a history of innovation in high-performance computing, big data infrastructure, AI, and a razor-sharp focus on delivering product-market fit and business value.