The Behavioural Scientist – Client Insights will be responsible for strategic planning and optimization of customer engagement campaigns for Symend clients. The strategic campaign plans will be developed leveraging Engagement Science research, to engage and convert at-risk customers.
The Behavioural Scientist – Client Insights will work closely with external client stakeholders, and a cross section of teams at Symend, on showcasing clients the holistic customer engagement capability of Symend. They will draw on their expertise and knowledge of Behavioral Science theories and tactics and leverage predictive models, research, A.I, and machine learning to drive successful strategies around customer messaging, delivery, and treatment in order to nudge customers toward self-treatment and better payment behavior.
What You'll Be Doing
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Use behavioural and social sciences, including predictive modeling, sub segmentation, artificial intelligence, and behavioural economics to inform customer engagement strategy
- Work with a cross section of stakeholders both within Symend and externally, to ensure successful delivery of client treatment campaigns
- Translate client needs and requests to inform product and research directions
- Leverage your business facing experience to tell impactful stories with data and insights to senior leadership (internally and externally)
- Facilitate engaging and persuasive conversations and presentations around Symend’s offering with clients and potential clients
- Design client-specific experimentation to inform iterations and insights, further refining strategy
- Educating stakeholders on scientific research and insights with the goal of getting buy in and showcasing ROI
- Apply IP Playbooks to inform strategic campaigns and treatment plans
- Driving analysis to deeply understand client’s treatment performance and inform iteration and R&D
- Present performance metrics and treatment recommendations to the client
- Design optimal field or lab experiments that specifically drive ROI, and incremental improvements over time.
- Conduct experiments driven by hypotheses, analytics, and statistical modeling
- Manage the full life cycle of within-platform research initiatives (i.e., develop strategy, gather requirements, manage, execute, analyze, deliver insights and recommendations).
- Communicate complex scientific concepts and results to a variety of audiences in written, verbal, and presentation formats.
What You'll Need
- Master’s or PhD in psychology (EG: I/O, applied, social, cognitive, or consumer psychology) with work experience applying insights in a business environment
- PhD preferred
- Experience with applied statistics including sampling approaches, experiments, causal modeling, and data mining techniques.
- 2+ years in a quantitative field, such as consulting, market research, product development or user experience research.
- Strong background in psychology, behavioural economics, or marketing science.
- Deep experience in client facing roles (presentation skills, narrative development, ability to link performance metrics with business outcomes and recommendations)
- Good understanding of business impact metrics (ROI)
- Working knowledge of behavioral science (ability to action insights and apply be sci according to playbooks)
- Experience and expertise in collections and financial services
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Critical thinking
- Translating complex concepts to people without backgrounds in Behavioural Science
- Contributing to team discussions/meetings
- Producing actionable insights from data
- Ability to come with novel ideas and support them
- Ability to function in ambiguous, fast moving environment
At Symend, we believe that all customers should be treated with empathy and dignity. That’s why we leverage our deep understanding of consumer behavior to create personalized interactions that better engage and empower customers at all points of the customer journey. Our digital engagement platform uses behavioral science, data science and advanced analytics to help our clients build stronger relationships with their customers. Symend: The science of engagement.™