Symbiont is the enterprise fintech company creating the next generation of financial markets infrastructure using blockchain technology. Assembly™, Symbiont’s enterprise blockchain platform, creates efficiencies, eliminates manual data replication and reconciliation processes, and enables real-time data sharing with complete privacy. Headquartered in New York City, Symbiont is led by a team of experts in capital markets and blockchain technology.
Assembly is distinguished from other distributed ledger platforms by its focus on confidentiality without sacrifice of network decentralization or consistency guarantees. By layering state machine replication on top of a Byzantine fault-tolerant consensus protocol we're able to create an infrastructure with no central authority, allowing real time sharing of data and application logic between mutually distrusting parties. On top of Assembly, Symbiont has built end-to-end solutions in multiple areas such as data management, mortgage servicing, fixed income, commodities, and alternative assets.
Reporting to the Director of Product - Financial Instruments, a Business Analyst at Symbiont combines the roles of a SME (subject matter expert), a customer advocate, and detailed workflow analyst to drive successful implementation of specific customer engagements. A Business Analyst works directly with Symbiont clients to understand the client requirements and communicate those to the wider product and engineering teams. Specifically, that involves coordinating meetings with the customer to gather information and normalize this into artifacts such as requirement specifications and project plans. The requirement gathering process can be for the frontend UI, non-functional performance, or functional behavior. Responsibilities also include managing customer projects to a successful conclusion and testing the application to ensure it matches the stated objectives and client use cases. This role sits within Symbiont's financial applications business, which is applying blockchain technology to the origination, distribution and management of financial instruments. The initial focus will be on modeling smart contracts that represent certain financial instruments and the various independent workflows by which they are created and exchanged. The role will involve helping the Engineering teams using an Agile sprint/scrum methodology to build products that support the lifecycle of financial instruments on a distributed ledger, working closely also with the product delivery, QA and operations teams. Customers of this business are typically large financial institutions, and the role will also require engagement with their business and technology teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- At least 10+ years of relevant business analyst/product management experience
- Depth of experience with financial markets and instruments
- Track record with production enterprise software
- Familiarity with issue tracking / prioritization / project management applications
- Exposure to external customer engagements
- Familiarity with different SDLC methodologies
- Detailed software requirements documentation experience
- Interest in innovation and application of new technologies to the enterprise
- Knowledge of the Agile development process
- UI / UX design
- Experience with private equity, fixed income, foreign exchange, commodity, custody or other capital markets business areas
- Exposure to financial regulations
- Previous experience with software testing
- Linux / BSD, Git (or similar DVCS)
- Knowledge of blockchain or DLT
Symbiont.io is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities unbiased of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. In addition, Symbiont.io considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.