Symbiont is the enterprise fintech company creating the next generation of financial markets infrastructure using blockchain technology. Assembly™, Symbiont’s enterprise blockchain platform, creates efficiencies, eliminates manual data replication and reconciliation processes, and enables real-time data sharing with complete privacy. Headquartered in New York City, Symbiont is led by a team of experts in capital markets and blockchain technology.
Assembly is distinguished from other distributed ledger platforms by its focus on confidentiality without sacrifice of network decentralization or consistency guarantees. By layering state machine replication on top of a Byzantine fault-tolerant consensus protocol we're able to create an infrastructure with no central authority, allowing real time sharing of data and application logic between mutually distrusting parties. On top of Assembly, Symbiont has built end-to-end solutions in multiple areas such as data management, mortgage servicing, fixed income, commodities, and alternative assets.
Reporting to the CFO, the Corporate Controller will oversee all operations in connection with accounting matters, including revenue recognition, consolidations, external audit and SEC Reporting, general accounting, and cost accounting. Responsibilities further include the training, development, mentoring and supervision of all department staff; developing and improving systems, policies and procedures for transacting financial matters and ensuring that the financial system is accurate, efficient and in accordance with professional accounting practices, and company policies and procedures.
What You’ll Do
- Plan, direct and coordinate all accounting functions including general ledger and consolidation, order to cash & revenue recognition, payroll and accounts payable.
- Develop and improve internal systems & controls, accounting policies, and chart of account infrastructure to efficiently support business scale and activities in a high growth environment.
- Assist in business transformation activities as needed together with M&A integration activities
- Responsible for the Company's monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process and management reporting of results, key operating metrics, and flux analyses.
- Ensure that financial statements are consistent with US GAAP and SEC requirements; write accounting memos as necessary; stay current on the latest FASB and coordinate & perform annual financial statement audit with external auditors
- Oversee various matters on customer contracts, including contract review, terms and collection questions.
- Oversee tax planning and compliance across various jurisdictions and international accounting
- Partner with the executive management team, business units and other members of the finance team to provide advice on financial implications of business activities.
- Establish strong relationships cross-functionally and manage external audit relationships.
- Hire, train, and retain skilled accounting staff to scale the accounting function to support company growth and expansions.
- A minimum of 4 years accounting experience as a Controller
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a public accounting firm
- Experience with SEC reporting and equity raises
- Active CPA is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting. MS / MBA is a plus.
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, and regulations.
- An expertise in revenue recognition dealing with ASC 606
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, clear and precise in communication.
Symbiont.io is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities unbiased of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. In addition, Symbiont.io considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.