Symbiont is the enterprise fintech company creating the next generation of financial markets infrastructure using blockchain technology. Assembly™, Symbiont’s enterprise blockchain platform, creates efficiencies, eliminates manual data replication and reconciliation processes, and enables real-time data sharing with complete privacy. Headquartered in New York City, Symbiont is led by a team of experts in capital markets and blockchain technology.
Assembly is distinguished from other distributed ledger platforms by its focus on confidentiality without sacrifice of network decentralization or consistency guarantees. By layering state machine replication on top of a Byzantine fault-tolerant consensus protocol we're able to create an infrastructure with no central authority, allowing real time sharing of data and application logic between mutually distrusting parties. On top of Assembly, Symbiont has built end-to-end solutions in multiple areas such as data management, mortgage servicing, fixed income, commodities, and alternative assets.
As we continue to deploy our core platform, Assembly, in production, there is ongoing work to improve scalability, robustness, and to expand the feature set. Every engineer has the opportunity to provide significant impact through technical insight and leadership. Assembly draws from cutting edge research in the fields of distributed systems, cryptography, and programming language theory and applies it to solve real world problems on rapid timelines. This makes Symbiont an exciting and intellectually stimulating place to work.
What You'll Do
As an engineer on the team you'll be expected to:
- Deeply understand blockchain fundamentals and use them to design and implement tools to get developers from idea to dapp as comfortably as possible.
- Communicate deep technical topics to technical audiences.
- We exemplify our work by producing showcase applications and smart contracts, and using those to guide users to reach a higher level of understanding for our tooling and stack. We use Electron/React/TypeScript on the frontend, and NodeJS for backend/CLI components, but we are adaptable and use whatever technology is appropriate for the situation.
- We work directly with our users to rapidly provide solutions to their needs.
- We are currently hiring at a variety of experience levels. While expertise relevant to the above domains and technologies is not required, it is a plus for more experienced candidates.
- You are adaptable and willing to pivot as needed to build the Assembly platform.
- We're a fully distributed company spread over multiple continents. This means a heavy focus on written collaboration, communication, and video meetings, with occasional time zone flexibility.
- Growth mindset - we are not just hiring for now, we are hiring for who you can become.
- Strong programming skills in the TypeScript space and experience with modern software development tooling and workflows.
- At least two years of professional experience in industry or academia.
Symbiont.io is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities unbiased of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. In addition, Symbiont.io considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.