Symbiont is the enterprise fintech company creating the next generation of financial markets infrastructure using blockchain technology. Assembly™, Symbiont’s enterprise blockchain platform, creates efficiencies, eliminates manual data replication and reconciliation processes, and enables real-time data sharing with complete privacy. Headquartered in New York City, Symbiont is led by a team of experts in capital markets and blockchain technology.
Assembly is distinguished from other distributed ledger platforms by its focus on confidentiality without sacrifice of network decentralization or consistency guarantees. By layering state machine replication on top of a Byzantine fault-tolerant consensus protocol we're able to create an infrastructure with no central authority, allowing real time sharing of data and application logic between mutually distrusting parties. On top of Assembly, Symbiont has built end-to-end solutions in multiple areas such as data management, mortgage servicing, fixed income, commodities, and alternative assets.
As we continue to deploy our core platform in production, there is ongoing work to improve scalability, robustness, and to expand the feature set. Every engineer has an opportunity to provide significant impact through technical insight and leadership. Assembly™ draws from cutting edge research in the fields of distributed systems, cryptography, and programming language theory and applies it to solve real world problems on rapid timelines.
What You'll Do
As a Security Engineer at Symbiont you will work closely with other teams to provide guidance for appropriate security architectures and develop new security features for Assembly. As a member of the Security team you will contribute to the areas including but not limited to:
- Researching cutting-edge cryptographic protocols and understanding how they can be applied into Symbiont technology.
- Maintaining and Improving Assembly™ cryptographic service and working on integrations with Hardware Secure Modules, Key Management Systems, and Public Key Infrastructure.
- Performing risk analysis and penetration testing of Assembly™, smart contracts, web applications and Symbiont cloud infrastructure.
- Refining analysis methodologies, developing tools for automated security testing, and implementing security controls for corporate and managed services.
You'll need to have
- Experience developing and deploying security-related infrastructure technologies.
- Strong programming skills in at least one language and experience with modern software development tooling and workflows;
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Growth mindset - we are not just hiring for now we are hiring for who you can become.
We'd love to see:
- Understanding of the challenges operating trusted infrastructure in public cloud environments, as well as on-premises.
- Working knowledge of standard cryptographic protocols and cryptography engineering at the application level.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in industry or PhD level degrees in disciplines like Computer Science/Math/Cryptography/Physics or equivalent experience.
Symbiont.io is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities unbiased of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. In addition, Symbiont.io considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.