Symbiont is the enterprise fintech company creating the next generation of financial markets infrastructure using blockchain technology. Assembly™, Symbiont’s enterprise blockchain platform, creates efficiencies, eliminates manual data replication and reconciliation processes, and enables real-time data sharing with complete privacy. Headquartered in New York City, Symbiont is led by a team of experts in capital markets and blockchain technology.
Assembly is distinguished from other distributed ledger platforms by its focus on confidentiality without sacrifice of network decentralization or consistency guarantees. By layering state machine replication on top of a Byzantine fault-tolerant consensus protocol we're able to create an infrastructure with no central authority, allowing real time sharing of data and application logic between mutually distrusting parties. On top of Assembly, Symbiont has built end-to-end solutions in multiple areas such as data management, mortgage servicing, fixed income, commodities, and alternative assets.
An Applications Engineer at Symbiont works closely with business and product teams to define and build distributed applications on top of Assembly solving real world problems. Building highly complex applications on a blockchain is a novel domain, and application engineers will help define what it means to do so, sharing their insights to strategically shape the Assembly platform. You'll develop smart contract logic in SymPL, Assembly's purpose-built language that guarantees network consistency when executing distributed applications, as well as server side and frontend components for projects that require them.
What You'll Do
As an engineer on the team you'll be expected to:
- Deeply understand blockchain fundamentals and use them to design distributed applications from the ground up.
- Communicate deep technical topics to both business and technical audiences.
- For project that require more than just a distributed blockchain application, help build full-stack applications that expose the blockchain to users and services. We prefer React/TypeScript on the frontend, and NodeJS for the backend, but we're adaptable and use whatever technology is appropriate for the situation.
- Deploy across a variety of environments, from GCP/AWS/Azure to on-prem with customers.
And you'll do it over product domains like:
- Managing the full lifecycle of complex financial instruments.
- Automated tracking of commodities through the supply chain.
- Distribution of financial market data.
- Mortgage Servicing.
- Cross-bank transfer verification and controls.
- Adaptable and willing to pivot as needed to get applications into production.
- We're a fully distributed company spread over multiple continents. This means a heavy focus on written collaboration and video meetings, with occasional time zone flexibility.
- Growth mindset - we are not just hiring for now we are hiring for who you can become.
- Strong programming skills in at least one language and experience with modern software development tooling and workflows.
- At least one year of professional experience and have made significant contributions to complex production systems.
Symbiont.io is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities unbiased of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. In addition, Symbiont.io considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.