Sym is seeking a VP Marketing and Operations to join our executive team and lead Marketing, HR, Finance and Business Operations functions.
Sym helps engineers create the perfect security and privacy workflows for their teams. We provide the building blocks to roll out controls that match your team’s tools and processes, while ensuring you meet your compliance requirements. We’re venture-backed with HQs in Boston and San Francisco. Our mission is to empower teams to build the best products in any compliance environment.
We care deeply about building a workforce and culture that is inclusive and equitable for people of all backgrounds and experiences. Because of this, we particularly encourage people from communities that tend to be underrepresented to apply, including women, people of color, and LGBTQ people.
Some things about you that might make this a great role for you:
- You have a great track record of building high-performing marketing teams.
- You love product marketing and have examples of materials you’ve built.
- You think it’s cool that some developer tools are bought like consumer software while others like enterprise software and the best companies figure out how to serve both buyer journeys well.
- You are good at using data to determine resource allocation and think data is an underutilized asset in most SaaS companies.
- You are excited by the idea of helping set company strategy as well as drive operational excellence and have examples of how you’ve done both.
- You are good at inspiring people to make ambitious commitments and feel comfortable holding them accountable.
- You’ve been on the executive team of a venture-backed startup.
What you’ll be doing in the first six months:
- Define and execute our initial go to market strategy.
- Build out core messaging and positioning.
- Setup marketing systems and infrastructure.
- Create and execute marketing content creation strategy.
- Meet compliance bar for selling into high-compliance industries including initial wave of compliance requirements: SIG, HIPAA, SOC 2 Type 1.
- Help define and drive successful execution of company goals.
- Manage cash, support headcount decisions and track runway.