SymOps is seeking a founding Backend Engineer to help build out the first version of our Python SDK, Terraform provider, and Rails API.
About the team:
We’re a team of developers, engineering leaders, repeat founders, and nerds passionate about security & compliance. We’ve spent our careers helping the teams we support navigate complex regulatory landscapes, and think it’s time to solve this problem for everyone!
We care deeply about building a workforce and culture that is inclusive and equitable for people of all backgrounds and experiences. Because of this, we particularly encourage people from communities that tend to be underrepresented to apply, including women, people of color, and LGBTQ people.
As a team, we’re excited to help companies up their security and privacy game, without getting in their way. If you find this rapidly-growing space important and exciting, we can’t wait to hear from you! We also want you to know that you can be a great candidate even if you don't perfectly fit the mold we describe below… and you can have important skills we haven't even thought of yet. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Some things about you that might make this a great role for you:
- Building an engine that can support dynamically configured workflows at scale sounds fun! And maybe a little scary too.
- You appreciate the benefits of X-as-code (infrastructure, policy, pipelines, etc.) Exploring how to apply this concept to human-in-the-loop workflows sounds super interesting.
- You like building both systems, and the tools to support those systems—no handing things over the wall to an ops team for you!
- You are comfortable with AWS and have dabbled with GCP or Azure.
- You are obsessed with monitoring and instrumentation.
- You’ve worked with the HashiStack and have set up Terraform deployment workflows. Maybe you've even played with building your own Terraform provider!
- You are an advocate for your users. You make sure the software you deliver doesn’t just check the boxes, but improves end user experience.
- You like the idea of joining an early team where you can influence product direction and company strategy.
- You believe in choosing the right tool for the job, and some of the tools in your toolbox include Python, Go, and Ruby.
Things you may be working on in your first six months:
- Building out a backend platform that can execute user-configured workflows.
- Creating a CLI, SDK and Terraform provider to create and deploy workflows.
- Making lots of technical decisions about what tools and libraries to use for V1.
- Talking to customers and prospects including supporting them on Slack.
About the company:
SymOps helps engineers create the perfect security and privacy workflows for their teams. We provide the building blocks to roll out controls that match your team’s tools and processes, while ensuring you meet your compliance requirements.
We ship a Terraform provider and Python framework that lets infrastructure teams roll out templated, compliance-friendly security & privacy workflows to their organizations. This can help our customers achieve compliance with standards such as HIPAA and SOC 2.
We’re a venture-backed company with HQs in Boston and San Francisco. Our mission is to empower teams to build the best products in any compliance environment.