Help us build our Python SDK, Runtime and web application that allows our customers to create security and privacy workflows that perfectly fit their team. We feel that giving developers building blocks to automate best practices will help teams genuinely improve security from first principles rather than fall into “checkbox security” patterns.
About the team:
We’re a team of developers, engineering leaders, repeat founders, and nerds passionate about security & compliance. We’ve spent our careers helping the teams we support navigate complex regulatory landscapes, and think it’s time to solve this problem for everyone!
We care deeply about building a workforce and culture that is inclusive and equitable for people of all backgrounds and experiences. Because of this, we particularly encourage people from communities that tend to be underrepresented to apply, including women, people of color, and LGBTQ people.
As a team, we’re excited to help companies up their security and privacy game, without getting in their way. If you find this rapidly-growing space important and exciting, we can’t wait to hear from you! We also want you to know that you can be a great candidate even if you don't perfectly fit the mold we describe below… and you can have important skills we haven't even thought of yet. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Some things about you that might make this a great role for you:
- You’ve had success working full-stack on other web (React) and mobile (React Native) applications.
- You know modern front and backend tooling and build pipelines.
- You like building both systems, and the tools to support those systems—no handing things over the wall to an ops team for you!
- You are comfortable with AWS and have dabbled with GCP or Azure.
- You are an advocate for your users. You make sure the software you deliver doesn’t just check the boxes, but improves end user experience.
- You like the idea of joining an early team where you can influence product direction and company strategy.
- You believe in choosing the right tool for the job, and some of the tools in your toolbox include Typescript (or Flow!), Ruby, and Python.
What you’ll be doing in the first six months:
- Building the web application Sym admins use to manage integrations and reporting.
- Creating APIs and integrations to support the Sym developer SDK.
- Making lots of technical decisions about what tools and libraries to use for V1.
- Talking to customers and prospects including supporting them on Slack.
About the company:
Sym helps engineers create the perfect security and privacy workflows for their teams. We provide the building blocks to roll out controls that match your team’s tools and processes, while ensuring you meet your compliance requirements.
We ship a Terraform provider and Python framework that lets infrastructure teams roll out templated, compliance-friendly security & privacy workflows to their organizations. This can help our customers achieve compliance with standards such as HIPAA and SOC 2.
We’re a venture-backed company with HQs in Boston and San Francisco. Our mission is to empower teams to build the best products in any compliance environment.
- Company sponsored health insurance plans (Health, Dental & Vision Plans)
- Pre-tax incentives platforms: HSA, FSA, Commuter Benefit & 401K
- Workspace stipends for WFH set-up
- Unlimited PTO/Sick Days
- Company-wide 4-day weekends, 2x a year
- Monthly health & wellness stipends
- Monthly snack boxes
- Monthly company-wide social/collaborative activities: meditations, lunch & learns, book clubs, etc.
- Learning stipends for professional development