SymOps is seeking a Product Designer to help us create an awesome developer experience. DX is core to our company strategy which is why the first step to expanding our team is connecting with talented designers. This role also involves working closely with our CMO and Product team to design and develop content marketing assets and copy.
About the team:
We’re a team of developers, engineering leaders, repeat founders, and nerds passionate about security & compliance. We’ve spent our careers helping the teams we support navigate complex regulatory landscapes, and think it’s time to solve this problem for everyone!
We care deeply about building a workforce and culture that is inclusive and equitable for people of all backgrounds and experiences. Because of this, we particularly encourage people from communities that tend to be underrepresented to apply, including women, people of color, and LGBTQ people.
As a team, we’re excited to help companies up their security and privacy game, without getting in their way. If you find this rapidly-growing space important and exciting, we can’t wait to hear from you! We also want you to know that you can be a great candidate even if you don't perfectly fit the mold we describe below… and you can have important skills we haven't even thought of yet. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Some things about you that would make this a great role for you:
- You’ve thought about developer experience as a user of developer tools. Bonus points if you’ve built them.
- The opportunity to help shape company strategy and culture of an early startup is exciting to you.
- You love talking to customers and lots of practice with customer discovery.
- You are comfortable creating mockups in design tools as well as implementing them in the browser. In fact, you’re comfortable with the fact that you’ll be one of four core contributors to our front-end code base written in React and Typescript (probably).
- You’re curious and excited to learn a little bit about product marketing and positioning.
Things you may be working on in your first six months:
- Design the first version of our web app.
- Prototype UX flows for our first few features.
- Help define our early product strategy.
- Work with a PM and some engineers to sequence feature development.
- Support developers as they implement web-based experiences.
- Eventually map out the end-to-end developer experience including onboarding, developer docs, web application experience and SDKs.
- Help build out sales and marketing material including our web site and product marketing.
SymOps helps engineers create the perfect security and privacy workflows for their teams. We provide the building blocks to roll out controls that match your team’s tools and processes, while ensuring you meet your compliance requirements.
We ship a Terraform provider and Python framework that lets infrastructure teams roll out templated, compliance-friendly security & privacy workflows to their organizations. This can help our customers achieve compliance with standards such as HIPAA and SOC 2.
We’re a venture-backed company with HQs in Boston and San Francisco. Our mission is to empower teams to build the best products in any compliance environment.