SYLVAIN (formerly Sylvain Labs) is a strategy and design consultancy that provokes progress for companies, people, and society at large. We believe when commerce and culture unite, real progress is possible. Founded in 2010, we are wholly independent, a Certified B Corporation with offices in New York City (New York), Richmond (Virginia), and Amsterdam (Netherlands).
We work across a wide range of industries—from technology to financial services to consumer packaged goods to travel and hospitality to transportation and fashion.
We are looking for designers of all levels with a passion for craft, a hunger to learn, and a passion for work that matters. Designers work with other team members and disciplines to concepts and products to life with impact and excellence. They will work across clients and categories while honing their ability to interrogate and ideate, while realizing solutions that action progress.
TYPICAL ACTIVITIES + EXERCISES:
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams: from upstream research phases through to final asset delivery
- Brand Building from the Ground Up: developing territories, vision, positioning, identity, activations and executions
- Landscape Analysis: Identifying and explaining emerging trends across a variety of categories (ie, technology, food and beverage, etc.), and developing clear implications and strategies to leverage those trends
- Visual Identity Systems: extending rich brand expressions across complex ecosystems, maintaining concept integrity and executional impact
- Product and Service Innovation: Identifying new product opportunities and developing the case for their successful implementation (i.e. consumer deep-dive, competitive analysis, concept development, go-to-market thought-starters, etc.)
- Presentation Creation: Crafting and presenting tight, evocative, client-ready presentations
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe CC Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Google Slides, XD (Premier and/or After Effects a plus)
- Proficient technician in Keynote, PowerPoint
- Experience and/or interest in prototyping apps like InVision, Sketch, etc.
DIVERSITY AT SYLVAIN
SYLVAIN is committed to building and sustaining a culture that celebrates our diversity and is rooted in community. We recognize that the collective sum of individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and Company’s achievement.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, race, ethnicity, disability, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, natural origin, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. Lending such an array of qualities to our work ensures a human-centered approach to our way of doing things and treatment of each other.
SYLVAIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a registered Minority Owned Business in NY State, and a certified B-Corporation.