SYLVAIN (formerly Sylvain Labs) is a strategy and design consultancy that provokes progress for companies, people, and society at large. We believe when commerce and culture unite, real progress is possible. Founded in 2010, we are wholly independent, a Certified B Corporation with offices in New York City (New York), Richmond (Virginia), and Amsterdam (Netherlands).
We work across a wide range of industries—from technology to financial services to consumer packaged goods to travel and hospitality to transportation and fashion.
We are looking for a curious and kind Strategist with a knack for problem solving, a hunger to learn, and a passion for work that matters. This strategist will work closely with other strategy and design team members to bring brand and innovation solutions to life with clarity, emotion, and integrity. They will work across clients, categories and challenges, wielding and honing their ability to connect the dots, build compelling narratives, and inspire clients to action progress.
TYPICAL ACTIVITIES + EXERCISES:
Below are several types of projects or activities a Strategist may be asked to contribute to. Applicants should have 2-5 years experience in some or all of these areas; innovation, consulting, creative, or start-up environments are preferred.
- Product and Service Innovation: Identifying new product opportunities and developing the case for their successful implementation (i.e. consumer deep-dive, competitive analysis, concept writing, market sizing, go-to-market thought-starters, etc.).
- Brand Strategy: Developing new to the world company visions and brand propositions, as well as the point of view on how they should come to life (through positioning, language, design, marketing, etc.).
- Cultural Analysis: Identifying and explaining emerging trends and relevant cultural examples across a variety of categories (ie, technology, finance, food and beverage, etc.), with clear implications for the work.
- Consumer Insight: Conducting primary research in order to better understand consumer needs, and translating learnings into compelling, actionable insights.
- Landscape Analysis: Digging deep into the competitive landscape to identify best practices, traps, and white space opportunities.
- Client and Consumer Workshops: Planning and supporting client and consumer worksessions across a variety of subject matters, and project categories.
- Product and Service Blueprints: Designing a blueprint for the development of a new product or service. Leveraging research and mapping insights in order to design a simple and seamless user flow.
- Impact-Centered Outputs: Above all, advocating for actionable strategic thinking, with a focus on driving positive business, consumer, and social impact.
We are looking for someone to join our team of misfits who is a...
- Convicted problem solver
- Egoless collaborator
- Empathetic thinker
- Creative ideator
- Scrappy self-starter
- Culture junkie
- Clear communicator
- Innovative storyteller
- Well-rounded generalist
- Adaptable team player
DIVERSITY AT SYLVAIN
SYLVAIN is committed to building and sustaining a culture that celebrates our diversity and is rooted in community. We recognize that the collective sum of individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and Company’s achievement.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, race, ethnicity, disability, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, natural origin, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. Lending such an array of qualities to our work ensures a human-centered approach to our way of doing things and treatment of each other.
SYLVAIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a registered Minority Owned Business in NY State, and a certified B-Corporation.