Sylva is on a mission to create a sense of belonging online. We operate as a fully-remote, highly-decentralized organization. We want to create an environment where all of our teammates can do the best work of their lives and share in the upside of the company that we’re building together. We are backed by some of the top venture firms in the world and are scaling quickly.
We’re looking for a hands-on People Operations Lead who can build out and own our People Ops infrastructure and programs. Because we are a rapidly growing organization, we need someone with a keen eye for detail that can create processes that will scale with us, especially as a remote first company. As an early member of the People Team you’ll need to be both strategic and a doer, someone who can zoom out and see the bigger picture but who’s also excited to get in the weeds. This person has a unique opportunity to impact the culture of Sylva and make it a great place to work!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Navigating with diligence complex HR pillars such as Payroll, Benefits, Employee Experience, Performance Cycles, Onboarding and Offboarding
- Optimizing current HR systems & tools to ensure we can make data-driven decisions around employee experience
- Building and executing important cultural initiatives for our employees that promote engagement at a remote first company
- 5-8 years of experience in a People or HR function at fast growing start up
- Strong understanding of HR best practices and demonstrated experience building HR Infrastructure for growth
- Strong communication skills and ability to act as a strategic HR partner to our team leaders, to ensure their teams are set up for success
- Passion for building a strong workplace where employees feel like they can do their best work
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base comp + bonus + equity
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Unlimited PTO (with mandatory 2 weeks per year)
- Remote first - we’ll provide a stipend for your remote work setup.