Does uptime make you happy? Do you think pagers should be silent and on-call shifts relaxing? Do robust monitoring systems bring a smile to your face? Channel that into impact at Syllable. Touch millions of lives as we build tech that scales 10x then 10x and again.Syllable is growing and seeks a Senior Site Reliability Engineer with a passion for large, distributed, high-reliability systems to join us and improve life for millions of people.
As senior SRE you will own the monitoring, alerting, and overall availability of the Syllable production platform that automates healthcare networks. The tech stack here spans cloud services, high availability telephony and automation systems, knowledge and data systems, and more. Syllable builds tons of technology - we design, train and deploy custom AI for healthcare, build state-of-the-art speech recognition and audio processing, automate the phone and web for healthcare, and more. We are in production and helping real people every single day. Availability, observability, and uptime are paramount to this effort. This SRE role is a unique opportunity to drive a core part of the Syllable system.
A Syllable SRE will
- Scale Syllable for the next 10x and 100x growth.
- Design, build, and maintain the comprehensive monitoring, alerting, disaster recovery and availability strategy for Syllable.
- Work closely with DevOps and other engineering groups to deliver high-availability cloud telephony and automation for healthcare.
- Have ownership over technical systems, make decisions about technology to build and use.
- Be a technical leader, mentor other engineers, make Syllable the best engineering organization possible.
- Build technology that is used by millions of people for healthcare.
What experience do we expect?
- 5+ years of experience
- A history of managing high-availability cloud-based software products
- A passion for simple, robust architectures
- A strong desire to learn daily and have positive impact
- Significant experience building modern, highly-available, real-time cloud-based applications
- CS degree or equivalent experience
What behaviors are important for you to exhibit at Syllable?
- Affable, relationship builder
- Honest, trustworthy, direct
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Passionate about customer service, improving health and access to care for patients
- Demonstrative of company core values
Why join Syllable?
- Fast-growing company with product live at many customers
- Fun, innovative, creative, and high-performance environment
- Independence and ownership- self-starting environment
- Mission focused to make access better for all patients
- Syllable also offers benefits, including Health & Wellness, Mental Health Visits, PTO, 401(k) retirement plan, and a discretionary bonus based upon individual and company performance.
Syllable is open to consideration of candidates at varying levels of experience and responsibility, subject to meeting the basic qualifications of the position. As such, the salary range for this position is $110-$220K. The range of compensation for this role takes into account the variety of factors considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to pay band placement, skillset, experience and training, licensure and certification, geographic location, and other business and organizational needs. All compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.