Who are we?
Syllable is a technology company based in Sunnyvale, California, leveraging AI and ML to create natural, multimodality support for patients to get things done efficiently across medical practices and hospitals. Our solutions meaningfully improve patients’ pre- and post-clinic visit experiences by harnessing technology that can connect them to what they need the most with less wasted time and energy.
In 2021, Syllable interacted with 39.7M Americans in text and voice, improving their access to primary care, specialty referrals, vaccinations, and general practice information. Syllable’s customers include Parkview Healthcare, Shannon Healthcare, NewYork-Presbyterian, Weill Cornell Ambulatory Care Network, Houston Methodist, and Mass General-Brigham. Syllable was also recognized as a most promising startup in healthcare for 2022 by CB Insights, picked as a leader in the private market from a pool of 7,000 companies.
Simplify and enhance everyday interactions between patients and care providers.
Care should begin from the moment an individual reaches out for information, or to schedule an appointment, long before they arrive at the clinic. Great service can turn one patient from feeling like a number to feeling truly cared for. We exist to help health systems improve the patient experience.
Syllable is a user-centric, product-focused company delivering end-to-end healthcare solutions that meaningfully improve patient journeys. As an UX Researcher, you’ll conduct mixed methods research to uncover actionable and meaningful insights about how we deliver our healthcare services and explore ways to make it better. You’ll work closely with a dedicated group of product managers and designers to create a more efficient and joyful experience across multiple internal tools and complex workflows. You’ll use your research learnings to build empathy for patients having difficulty navigating the healthcare system, and you’ll know you’re successful when you've influenced strategic decisions that alleviate their biggest pain points. You'll collaboratively bring your team members into your research process to ensure a shared understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
- Design and execute research projects, choosing the right mix of quantitative and qualitative methods to gather deep insights quickly
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research using a range of techniques, including 1:1 interviews, concept testing, usability testing, ethnographies, focus groups, surveys and co-creation workshops
- Share insights with clarity, rigor, and persuasion
- Expertise in different types of research, including exploratory research, evaluative research, segmentation, value proposition, satisfaction, new product/feature testing, etc.
- Proficiency with research software tools, including Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, User Interviews, DScout, Figma, Airtable, and more
You must meet these minimum qualifications to be considered:
- 4+ years of experience in user research inside product teams at innovative consumer, digital or mobile companies
- Bonus points for experience in healthtech and/or with complex internal tools and workflows
- Empathy, knowledge, and a deep desire to improve healthcare experiences, especially for frontline healthcare workers and underserved communities in the United States
- Natural collaborator with experience building positive, trusting relationships with PMs, designers, data scientists and frontline teams
- Track record of influencing strategic decisions and driving user impact through research
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Growth mindset, enjoys learning and growing research skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in any relevant field, including but not limited to Business, Market Research, UX Research & Design, Public Health or Social Sciences (Psychology, Communications, Anthropology, Sociology)
- Enjoys the benefits and challenges of working at a start-up
Syllable is open to consideration of candidates at varying levels of experience and responsibility, subject to meeting the basic qualifications of the position. As such, the salary range for this position is $110-$220K. The range of compensation for this role takes into account the variety of factors considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to pay band placement, skillset, experience and training, licensure and certification, geographic location, and other business and organizational needs. All compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.