At Switchboard, we believe teamwork should be the best part of work. Switchboard brings a whole new approach to remote teamwork—and makes familiar videoconferencing seem archaic in comparison. We’re building a cloud coworking space that’s designed to make remote collaboration as good as in person, regardless of location. Remote and hybrid teams get more done together in a shared workspace that connects apps, files, and people in interactive rooms for meetings and projects. Our groundbreaking cloud browser technology empowers people to work side-by-side in the apps they already use without sharing their screen.
True to our brand, the way the Switchboard team works together is highly collaborative. We celebrate each other’s work during weekly demos, wrap up the week during Friday afternoon game hours, and embrace the flexibility that comes with being a fully-remote company.
Switchboard is well-funded, our team is growing, and the impact you can have on the future of work is massive. Our founding team includes alums from Apple, eBay, Samsung, Mozilla, and AOL. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, XYZ Capital, Spark Capital, and The General Partnership. We recently launched a public beta that is making teams more efficient, more productive, and a lot more joyful.
Switchboard is a 100% remote company and we use our own platform everyday to work together. Come join us!
- Be responsible for growing and developing an incredible team of hardworking and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact.
- Develop a healthy and collaborative culture.
- Ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact.
- Set direction for the team and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning.
- Help craft technical and product strategy alongside your technical leads and product counterparts.
- Coach engineers to grow their impact along technical and non-technical dimensions.
- Own hiring processes and decisions for your team, with the help of our excellent recruiters.
- Work with the managers and technical leaders of other teams on cross functional projects.
- Write some code from time to time, particularly during your onboarding.
- At least 3 years of prior engineering management experience.
- Experience building infrastructure on AWS including EKS, S3, and IAM (or other public cloud).
- Experience with modern backend frameworks and languages such as Typescript/Node, Go, Java, Rust.
- Worked with infrastructure-as-code frameworks such as Terraform, Helm, or Pulumi.
- Familiar with metrics, QoS, SLAs, and monitoring with tools like Datadog or similar.
- Experience building highly scalable and reliable systems.
- Built products with high security requirements.
- Proven track record delivering high quality software on time.
- Demonstrated passion for people leadership, management and mentoring
- Proven ability to hire, retain and grow a team of extremely talented engineers
- Work from anywhere in the US -- we’re a remote-first 100% distributed team
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible time off encouraged with an unlimited vacation policy (and we're serious about work-life balance)
- Excellent full coverage Medical, Dental, and Vision health benefits
- Support for 401k or other retirement accounts
- Scrappy startup environment with hyper growth potential where you’ll learn best in class skills
- A culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative and thoughtful team members
- Budget to setup your ideal remote workstation
- Fun, remote company events and semi-annual paid for company offsites