At Switchboard, we believe teamwork should be the best part of work. Switchboard brings a whole new approach to remote teamwork—and makes familiar videoconferencing seem archaic in comparison. We’re building a cloud coworking space that’s designed to make remote collaboration as good as in person, regardless of location. Remote and hybrid teams get more done together in a shared workspace that connects apps, files, and people in interactive rooms for meetings and projects. Our groundbreaking cloud browser technology empowers people to work side-by-side in the apps they already use without sharing their screen.
True to our brand, the way the Switchboard team works together is highly collaborative. We celebrate each other’s work during weekly demos, wrap up the week during Friday afternoon game hours, and embrace the flexibility that comes with being a fully-remote company.
Switchboard is well-funded, our team is growing, and the impact you can have on the future of work is massive. Our founding team includes alums from Apple, eBay, Samsung, Mozilla, and AOL. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, XYZ Capital, Spark Capital, and The General Partnership. We recently launched a public beta that is making teams more efficient, more productive, and a lot more joyful.
Switchboard is a 100% remote company and we use our own platform everyday to work together. Come join us!
- Design, build, and maintain the core infrastructure and backend distributed systems at Switchboard
- Iterate rapidly on features, tooling, and processes as we launch the first versions of our product
- Anticipate and plan for the growth of Switchboard platform infrastructure
- Scope, design and implement infrastructure solutions that make the appropriate tradeoffs between resiliency, durability, and performance
- Develop tooling and automate processes to provide a resilient and flexible platform for other engineers
- Help debug and solve critical infrastructure issues across our services and multiple levels of the stack
- Be actively involved in strategic direction and product decisions
- Experience building infrastructure on AWS including EKS, S3, and IAM (or other public cloud)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Worked with infrastructure-as-code frameworks such as Terraform, Helm, or Pulumi
- Experience building and/or managing CI/CD
- You have built backend systems that operate at a large scale of users and data.
- Familiar with metrics, QoS, SLAs, and monitoring with tools like Datadog or similar.
- Experience with modern backend frameworks and languages such as Typescript/Node, Go, Java, Rust. Bash and Python are pluses.
- Knowledge of Linux-based operating systems and networking fundamentals
- Experience with databases like MongoDB or PostgreSQL
- Familiar with REST APIs, GraphQL a plus
- Some familiarity with pub/sub systems like Kafka, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Nice to have: experience with realtime data, ideally video and/or audio.
- Work from anywhere in the US -- we’re a remote-first 100% distributed team
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible time off encouraged with an unlimited vacation policy (and we're serious about work-life balance)
- Excellent full coverage Medical, Dental, and Vision health benefits
- Support for 401k or other retirement accounts
- Scrappy startup environment with hyper growth potential where you’ll learn best in class skills
- A culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative and thoughtful team members
- Budget to setup your ideal remote workstation
- Fun, remote company events and semi-annual paid for company offsites