At Switchboard, we believe teamwork should be the best part of work. Switchboard brings a whole new approach to remote teamwork—and makes familiar videoconferencing seem archaic in comparison. We’re building a cloud coworking space that’s designed to make remote collaboration as good as in person, regardless of location. Remote and hybrid teams get more done together in a shared workspace that connects apps, files, and people in interactive rooms for meetings and projects. Our groundbreaking cloud browser technology empowers people to work side-by-side in the apps they already use without sharing their screen.
True to our brand, the way the Switchboard team works together is highly collaborative. We celebrate each other’s work during weekly demos, wrap up the week during Friday afternoon game hours, and embrace the flexibility that comes with being a fully-remote company.
Switchboard is well-funded, our team is growing, and the impact you can have on the future of work is massive. Our founding team includes alums from Apple, eBay, Samsung, Mozilla, and AOL. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, XYZ Capital, Spark Capital, and The General Partnership. We recently launched a public beta that is making teams more efficient, more productive, and a lot more joyful.
Switchboard is a 100% remote company and we use our own platform everyday to work together. Come join us!
- Implement and maintain features end-to-end, from pixels, through APIs, all the way to backend persistence.
- Partner with engineers at Switchboard to set the technical vision for the team.
- Be a mentor to the other engineers on the team, with the goal of not only improving each engineer’s technical skills, but the team’s engineering practices in general.
- Hold a high bar for code quality and standards for the team and peers.
- Iterate rapidly on features, tooling, and processes as we launch the first versions of our product.
- Be actively involved in strategic direction and product decisions
- Experience with modern frontend web frameworks and technologies such as: Typescript, React, Redux, GraphQL or similar
- Strong CSS skills - you know how to make something look pixel perfect.
- Experience with modern backend frameworks and languages such as Typescript/Node, Go, Java.
- Previous experience building extensible APIs using REST or GraphQL.
- Experience with NoSQL or SQL databases such as MongoDB or PostgreSQL.
- A passion for great user experience
- Appreciation for good documentation, testing, and development best practices
- A desire to work closely with users, gather feedback, and understand their problems
- Experience building highly interactive web interfaces with a strong focus on performance.
- Experience with building delightful animations for web is a plus
- Experience with video and/or audio streaming is a plus.
- Experience with E2E testing is a plus.
- Experience with Docker is a plus.
- Work from anywhere in the US -- we’re a remote-first 100% distributed team
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible time off encouraged with an unlimited vacation policy (and we're serious about work-life balance)
- Excellent full coverage Medical, Dental, and Vision health benefits
- Support for 401k or other retirement accounts
- Scrappy startup environment with hyper growth potential where you’ll learn best in class skills
- A culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative and thoughtful team members
- Budget to setup your ideal remote workstation
- Fun, remote company events and semi-annual paid for company offsites