Factory Test Engineer
This position calls for an expert engineer to test, analyze, and chip in to the ongoing design of our electronics GPS receivers. Swift designs precision navigational products down to a centimeter accuracy, providing location solutions that are 100 more times accurate than traditional GPS. We’re seeking someone who has worked through and solved manufacturing yields, maintained a test set up, and can expertly test gaps that enable the success of our hardware and product portfolio.
- Analyze, calculate accuracy and summarize receiver data in Python and translate the data into visualization tools, updating alerts and dashboards
- Evaluate test results to diagnose causes of failure and improve yield
- Work with factory technicians to debug testing problems and improve workflow
- Recommend new tests to evaluate product features
- Find and address testing gaps or inefficiencies
- Identify new hardware to improve test fixture
- Develop and implement test qualification processes
- Experience programming in C, Python or shell scripts. Application development in Python is a plus.
- Linux tools and scripting
- Basic electronics and board level communication (SPI, I2C, etc)
- Familiarity with basic debugging tools such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers
- Ability to read schematics and solve problems
- Experience authoring test plans
- Understanding of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- FPGA development
- Automated test infrastructure design and implementation
- Embedded C / Microcontrollers
- RF Electronics / Software Defined Radio
- Automated Test Equipment Design
- Manufacturing or DFM experience
- Dashboard design
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics.
We are located in San Francisco, close to public transportation and are well-financed. Swift offers unlimited vacation days, competitive salary and benefits, 401(k), a casual office environment, frequent catered lunches, hackathons and tech talks to push the professional growth of all our employees. Come join us!