at Swift Navigation
Swift Navigation, Inc. provides precise positioning solutions for automotive, autonomous vehicle, mobile and mass market applications. What began as the GNSS industry’s first low-cost, high-accuracy, real-time kinematic (RTK) receiver has evolved into a Swift Navigation ecosystem of positioning solutions for autonomous applications. From the nationwide GNSS corrections delivered from the cloud by the Skylark™ precise positioning service, the hardware-independent, integrated software solution that is the Starling® Positioning Engine to the centimeter-level accurate Piksi® Multi and ruggedized Duro® and Duro Inertial RTK receivers, Swift Navigation is enabling a future of autonomous vehicles to navigate and understand the world.
As VP Finance you will develop, own and manage all of Swift Navigation’s financial strategy, systems, and processes for our rapidly growing company. You are a partner to the entire company in helping grow our business sustainably and scalably. The VP Finance will work closely with and report to the CEO.
What you do:
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Participate as a member of the Executive Leadership Team in developing long term strategy and goals.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO, and Executive Leadership Team.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team.
- Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting & Analytics:
- Focus on everything “forward looking”. Work with teams to create budgets and improve metrics, create projections, help manage business, and strategize and implement constructs to facilitate financial growth.
- Work with Executive Leadership Team to develop annual operating plan (AOP) and budgets.
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
Financial Management and Treasury:
- Manage capital strategy including cash balance, debt and investments.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
Accounting, Administration, and Operations:
- Manage teams responsible for Accounting/ERP system (Netsuite), create billings/invoices (Accounts Receivable), negotiate with and pay vendors (Accounts Payable) and close Monthly P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Manage Contracting Controller personnel and as needed, hire, develop and manage accounting/financing positions to support the company’s growth.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for internal parties, investors, and the company's board of directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all international, local, state and federal tax returns.
- Oversee all insurances and compliances as needed.
- Oversee the month-end close, reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems.
- Manage cap table.
Who you are:
- Finance Expert
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative discipline, CPA / MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in FP&A, including significant management experience
- High proficiency in Excel, Netsuite, other ERP, AR/AP, Payroll, and financial systems
- Data Driven
- Superb intellectual and quantitative analysis capabilities
- Use metrics to make data driven driven decisions
- Extreme attention to detail
- Process Maven
- Drive the creation, iteration and adherence to strong corporate processes
- Thoughtfulness on right sizing company process
- Collaborative Leadership
- Excellent communication, presentation and project management skills
- Strong self-accountability, results driven
- Proven ability in developing and maintaining effective internal and external working relationships
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary, stock options, employer covered health insurance, 401(k), term life insurance.
- Fully stocked kitchen, weekly catered lunches, hackathons, tech-talks.
- Close to public transportation, casual work environment
- Growth and learning opportunities from a startup environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers and professionals.
Come join us!
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics. Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49