Swift Navigation is looking for an outstanding Senior Software Engineer (C++) with cross-platform architecture experience to work on the core of our GNSS receiver technology. You will be working with a small team to push the state of the art in satellite navigation technology, making high accuracy positioning ubiquitous and easy to use across a wide variety of industries and applications in unmanned aerial vehicles, robotics and autonomous transportation. Your focus will be the development of systems software to support multiple embedded platforms. You will own the full lifecycle of development for important new features, beginning with prototyping and design, through implementation, testing, verification and release.
You should have skills and experience with:
- Cross-platform systems software architecture (platform abstraction, interface design)
- Experience working with embedded products:
- Constrained-resource hardware, memory and code size management
- Real-time operating deadlines and performance constraints
- C module bindings and interoperation
- Applying modern C++ design principles
- Git (or relevant version control system)
We prefer if you possess skills in one or more of:
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other team members in software development best practices
- Unix application development (GNU Linux/BSD or other POSIX compatible OS)
- Scripting (Python, Bash, etc)
- Build Management (Modern CMake, toolchain support)
- Exposure to board level communication (SPI, I2C, etc) and peripheral driver support
At Swift, we're on the cutting edge of emerging technologies and techniques looking to adopt the best in class solutions to solving new and existing problems. Incorporating languages and tools (Rust, Haskell and NixOS) into our development workflow, we're seeking like minded engineers to help iterate our technology stack.
Ideal candidates will also have an interest in, or experience with, one or more of the following:
- Build Automation (Travis, Jenkins, NixOS, Docker, Ansible)
- Continuous Integration (GTest, Valgrind, Clang Tools, Code Coverage, Static Analysis)
- Automotive/Safety OS (AUTOSAR Classic/Adaptive, QNX, SELinux)
- Embedded Linux Development (Yocto, Buildroot, OpenWRT, bootstrap, Android)
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics.
Swift offers unlimited vacation days, competitive salary and benefits, a casual office environment, office perks, learning and growth opportunities, and tech talks aiding one's professional growth in all our employees. Come join us!