Swift Navigation, Inc. was founded in 2012 to make GPS positioning technology more accurate and affordable. Its GPS and GNSS positioning products are available at fraction of the price of the competition and deliver 100 times better accuracy than the GPS in a cell phone. Swift Navigation’s technology benefits a multitude of industries and applications—including autonomous vehicles, drones, precision agriculture, robotics, surveying and space. With its innovation and technology honored by Inc.’s 2016 and Forbes 2017 30 Under 30 lists, Swift Navigation is enabling a world where fields farm themselves, drones fly safely and autonomous transportation can take you home. Swift Navigation provides an end-to-end GNSS solution with a line of Piksi® Multi and Duro® receivers and Skylark™ Cloud Corrections Service. Learn more online at swiftnav.com.
Swift Navigation is seeking a Functional Safety Manager with Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL) expertise to guide development of functional safety requirements and application to our strategy and products.
- Develop functional and technical safety concepts to achieve and maintain safety of automotive systems per ISO 26262 requirements
- Lead functional safety activities during all project phases (concept, requirements, design, and verification & validation)
- Oversee functional safety architecture and create requirements to the safety case
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis, using methods such as FMEA, FMEDA, FTA, and other safety analysis approaches
- Collaborate with systems teams, project managers, development teams and customers on technical aspects of functional safety
- Oversee functional safety architecture and performance requirements elicitation and test case development for safety-critical assurance processes;
- Conduct technical reviews with product teams to ensure functional safety requirements are being met throughout product development cycles
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field plus at least seven (7) years of experience in the Automotive Functional Safety
- At least ten (10) years relevant experience in the development of engineering software and tools for embedded control environments, including Matlab, Simulink, dSpace, LabView, HIL/SIL test environments, C++ code development, MISRA and other coding guidelines, and related tools and methods.
- Proven experience in embedded SW development
- Ideally the candidate will have experience achieving ISO 26262 certification
- Familiarity with configuration, requirements, and documentation management tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and clear, concise documentation writing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas succinctly and persuasively to peers, management, customers and partners
We are located in San Francisco, close to public transportation and we are well financed. We offer unlimited vacation days, competitive salary and benefits, a 401(k), a casual office environment, hackathons and tech talks to push the professional growth of all or employees. Come join us!
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary, employer covered health insurance, 401(k).
- Fully stocked kitchen, weekly catered lunches and tech-talks, free gym membership.
- Dynamic engineering role -- technological innovation is at the core of our business.
- Growth and learning opportunities from a startup environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers and professionals.
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49