Swift Navigation, Inc. provides precise positioning solutions for automotive, autonomous vehicle, mobile and mass market applications. What began as the GNSS industry’s first low-cost, high-accuracy, real-time kinematic (RTK) receiver has evolved into a Swift Navigation ecosystem of positioning solutions for autonomous applications. From the nationwide GNSS corrections delivered from the cloud by the Skylark™ precise positioning service, the hardware-independent, integrated software solution that is the Starling® Positioning Engine to the centimeter-level accurate Piksi® Multi and ruggedized Duro® and Duro Inertial RTK receivers, Swift Navigation is enabling a future of autonomous vehicles to navigate and understand the world.
Swift Navigation is seeking a Functional Safety Manager with Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL) expertise to guide development of functional safety requirements and application to our strategy and products.
- Develop functional and technical safety concepts to achieve and maintain safety of automotive systems per ISO 26262 requirements
- Lead functional safety activities during all project phases (concept, requirements, design, and verification & validation)
- Oversee functional safety architecture and create requirements to the safety case
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis, using methods such as FMEA, FMEDA, FTA, and other safety analysis approaches
- Collaborate with systems teams, project managers, development teams and customers on technical aspects of functional safety
- Oversee functional safety architecture and performance requirements elicitation and test case development for safety-critical assurance processes;
- Conduct technical reviews with product teams to ensure functional safety requirements are being met throughout product development cycles
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field plus at least seven (7) years of experience in the Automotive Functional Safety
- At least ten (10) years relevant experience in the development of engineering software and tools for embedded control environments, including Matlab, Simulink, dSpace, LabView, HIL/SIL test environments, C++ code development, MISRA and other coding guidelines, and related tools and methods.
- Proven experience in embedded SW development
- Ideally the candidate will have experience achieving ISO 26262 certification
- Familiarity with configuration, requirements, and documentation management tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and clear, concise documentation writing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas succinctly and persuasively to peers, management, customers and partners
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited vacation, competitive salary, stock options, employer covered health insurance, 401(k), term life insurance.
- Fully stocked kitchen, weekly catered lunches, hackathons, tech-talks.
- Company paid gym membership.
- Close to public transportation, casual work environment
- Growth and learning opportunities from a startup environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers and professionals.
Come join us!
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics. Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49