Swift Navigation, Inc. was founded in 2012 to make GPS positioning technology more accurate and affordable. Its GPS and GNSS positioning products are available a fraction of the price of the competition and deliver 100 times better accuracy than the GPS in a cell phone. Swift Navigation’s technology benefits a multitude of industries and applications—including autonomous vehicles, drones, precision agriculture, robotics, surveying and space. With its innovation and technology honored by Inc.’s 2016 and Forbes 2017 30 Under 30 lists, Swift Navigation is enabling a world where fields farm themselves, drones fly safely and autonomous transportation can take you home. Swift Navigation provides an end-to-end GNSS solution with a line of Piksi® Multi and Duro® receivers and Skylark™ Cloud Corrections Service. Learn more online at swiftnav.com.
As a member of Cloud Operations Team, the Cloud Service Engineer is responsible for end to end support and maintenance of the Skylark cloud corrections service. The ideal Cloud Service Engineer has experience in running automated production infrastructure in the cloud in AWS. The position offers opportunities for supporting, automated platform in the cloud, spanning across multiple regions around the globe and supporting multiple application development teams. The role has multiple opportunities for personal growth and advancement.
- Monitoring and managing the distributed container-based platform, that runs our Cloud Corrections Service workloads and tool integrations
- System configuration as code (infrastructure as code)
- Support of pre-production and production service applications at scale
- Some on call required
- 3+ years of experience of running and maintaining high availability production infrastructure. Bonus for running and maintaining a 24x7 Internet-oriented production environment, preferably across multiple data centers
- Operations mindset with a customer-first focus
- Acts as an escalation resource for other Operation and Support teams when troubleshooting Operations issues
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, make decisions and solve problems while under pressure, and prioritize and organize effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with the extended organization
- Experience with Kubernetes/Mesos/ECS
- Working knowledge of Linux OS basics and troubleshooting
- Experience running and maintaining automated production infrastructure in AWS
- Experience running container management systems (k8s, Mesosphere, ECS) in production
- Experience with ansible, chef or puppet
- Working knowledge and being able to troubleshoot networks: routing, subnets, ACLs, site-to-site tunnels
- Experience in service support
- Experience with Github, Artifactory, and Jenkins
- Working knowledge of agile/scrum processes
- Experience with “real-time” sensor networks
- understanding of information security concepts and best practices
- Experience with monitoring and visualization tools such as Prometheus and Grafana
- Working knowledge of ITIL service management best practices
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary, employer covered health insurance, 401(k)
- Fully stocked kitchen, weekly catered lunches and tech-talks, free gym membership
- Dynamic engineering role -- technological innovation is at the core of our business
- Growth and learning opportunities from a startup environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, software architects, researchers, programmers and professionals
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49