Swift Navigation, Inc. was founded in 2012 to make GPS positioning technology more accurate and affordable. Its GPS and GNSS positioning products are available a fraction of the price of the competition and deliver 100 times better accuracy than the GPS in a cell phone. Swift Navigation’s technology benefits a multitude of industries and applications—including autonomous vehicles, drones, precision agriculture, robotics, surveying and space. With its innovation and technology honored by Inc.’s 2016 and Forbes 2017 30 Under 30 lists, Swift Navigation is enabling a world where fields farm themselves, drones fly safely and autonomous transportation can take you home. Swift Navigation provides an end-to-end GNSS solution with a line of Piksi® Multi and Duro® receivers and Skylark™ Cloud Corrections Service. Learn more online at swiftnav.com.
Swift is seeking a Director of Cloud Engineering to own the architecture and development of our cloud services that is deployed globally and to drive our mission of bringing high precision, autonomous navigation systems to the forefront of the industry. This position will oversee the development of our cloud services and infrastructure, and its operation. This individual will ideally have already created and deployed similar large scale services.
Candidates should have skills and experience with
- Experience managing the design, building, and scaling of Cloud services and infrastructure
- Experience in Operating and Managing enterprise grade cloud services
- Experience designing and implementing successful high volume, low latency services
- Systems designed using AWS, GCP, Azure, Kubernetes and other Cloud-based service orchestration frameworks
- Strong command of managing continuous delivery and deployment pipelines
- Experience with security infrastructure design and best practices, globally
- Comfortable in a fast-changing environment (you’ll be building the plane while you’re flying it)
- Proven technical leadership across teams. High emotional intelligence with strong communication skills
- Willingness to get in the trenches and build systems from the ground up
- Leadership experience building and inspiring engineering teams and recruiting engineers
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary, employer covered health insurance, 401(k)
- Fully stocked kitchen, weekly catered lunches and tech-talks, free gym membership
- Dynamic engineering role -- technological innovation is at the core of our business
- Growth and learning opportunities from a startup environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers and professionals
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49